Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Totem Candles at Menards

Pages: 1 13 replies

At Menards, a home improvement chain located in the Midwest, has three different-colored (green, orange, pink) citronella wax-filled tiki totem candles.

I don't know what the real price is for them because the Menards by my house is going out of business, so we got them for at least 45% off at $1.45.

The labels say "Tiki Summer" and "3 Piece Wax Filled Citronella Tiki Totem." They appear to be marketed by RAC Designs and made in China.

They sure do stink up my house! I hope they keep the mosquitoes away this summer!

Scott McGerik
http://scott.mcgerik.com/

[ Edited by: ScottMcGerik on 2005-02-28 19:34 ]

[ Edited by: ScottMcGerik on 2005-02-28 19:35 ]

[ Edited by: ScottMcGerik on 2005-03-28 09:30 ]

They had those candles at Pick N Save... I mean Big Lots last summer. I think they were like 2.99 or 3.99. I also think they had 4 colors. I have em all at home in a closet.

What was the fourth color? Maybe I'll get lucky and find it somewhere here in the Twin Cities.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2005 5:37 PM

On 2005-03-01 17:33, ScottMcGerik wrote:
What was the fourth color? Maybe I'll get lucky and find it somewhere here in the Twin Cities.

Dark blue.

T
Tabu posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2005 6:24 PM

Those look soooo toxic.

They smell toxic! My living room stinks of citronella. Certainly, between those candles and it being winter outside, there will be no mosquitos in my living room tonight.

F

I'm not completely sure it's safe to burn citronella indoors. I'm pretty sure there's labels on that stuff telling you not to.

Oh, I would not burn them indoors. They would produce a lot of smoke even if it was safe to burn them indoors.
Just having them unwrapped in my livingroom is filling the house with the scent of citronella.

C

Hi Scott....welcome aboard...nice to have
another midwesterner in the mix...the
Congatiki lounge is located 220 miles due
east....the silver haired Menards Guy who
did their commercials for around 25 years
lives here and is a good friend of mine.
Oh yea...the candles do look toxic.

K
Kono posted on Wed, Mar 2, 2005 7:01 PM

I got these things from Big Lots and unfortunately had to use them after Hurricane Charley since I didn't have electricity for a couple of days. I don't remember them smelling that bad but then again without air conditioning for a day or two my whole apartment smelled like my dog's ass.

congatiki,

Everytime I think of Menards, I think of that guy!

Kono,

I suspect the candles would smell much better than your dog's ass and they probably look better too!

This morning (3/6/05), I went into the Menard's in Mishawaka, Indiana to look for the candles. There weren't any.

A helpful person went to a computer and punched in the word "tiki". He said that the candles were sold out and that there were very little else that was tiki-related in stock. However, he said that there were supposed to be a lot of tiki items on their way within a month's time.

I don't know about you folks, but I might have to check out Menard's often to see what kind of goodies they may be getting!

Cool! I'll be checking Menards in the future. Too bad the store by my house is being demolished to make room for a larger store.

A

Larger store = more stuff!

Pages: 1 13 replies