Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Member doesn't understand tiki culture...

Pages: 1 5 replies

As I was seein if a friend had logged in yet, I noticed new member, KITTYEXOTIC's post in New Members. She's new to this Tiki thang. Likes the music and the style, not clear on what the Tiki culture is all about. I know you all live for this opportunity so...Take it all you Tikiphiles! (Be gentle, it's her first time!)

J

My advise to her would be first and foremost - pick up and read from cover to cover Sven's "Book of Tiki" (even the French and German translations in the back!) afterwards if she has any additional questions she should refer back to TC for further guidance.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Mar 1, 2005 4:38 PM

Read all the old posts. I spent days at work digging through the old stuff before I started posting. It answers a lot of questions ahead of time and she can get a feel for how TC has evolved.

I tried reading the German translation at the back of The BOT because I had taken some German in college. It only served to remind me how much I have forgotten of the little that I learned. So, instead, I put on some Denny Martin, made myself a Zombie, and thumbed through the pages of Tiki Quest.

I agree with you, Kono: Sift through TC. It is rather fascinating to see the evolution take place. I have learned more by doing just that than I ever imagined! There are some highly intelligent folks all gathered here. Forget worthless blog sites. Tiki is all you need. And I thought it was just a look! Silly me!

Buy some rum?

Pages: 1 5 replies