Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Politiki Presidential Tiki Mugs

Pages: 1 4 replies

J

It was just my luck but when the MD/DC/VA contingent ventured to the Politiki Saturday night, I had my heart set on getting a Jimmy Carter mug - they of course only had in stock the 2 I already owned...Hey but some of the crew were able to score a couple Reagan mugs - they are super rare and sell for about $250 on Ebay!!!

:wink:

Here's the link for those who may be interested...
http://www.politiki-dc.com/politiki/tikimugs.htm

:drink:

Just Cool!!

JohnTiki

Greetings to all from The Pi Yi Lenai in luxurious Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2002-10-13 21:55 ]

T

Thanks for getting the info.

M

Muchos Gracias John/Juan!

That's the Tiki spirit in action, thanks for the info on how to get the Politiki mugs. I have always wanted FDR and Tricky Dick, but never figured I would be able to afford them, seeing they go for $200+ on Ebay, har har!

I do believe you have just exponentially increased their business for the mugs.

Midnite

J

You know, I've sold a few on Ebay and never gotten anywhere near $200. Guess I'll have to dig out my spares and see what the market will bear.

M

Hiya jtiki,
The sarcasm button is not working here today, but we are being a bit witty with the prices mentioned. There is a peculiar seller on Ebay that often lists Reagan's mug and offers it with a "buy now" for $250. He keeps a reserve on it as well, Lord knows its amount, and has yet to sell the item to my knowledge.

The other president Tiki mugs I have seen attract some good bidding, maybe $40-60 if I recall. Just nowhere near $250, ever. One never knows what can happen on Ebay, strangeness like the infamous $300 "rare" Mai-Kai mug.

Midnite

Pages: 1 4 replies