Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Will someone here please...

Pages: 1 3 replies

P
pablus posted on Wed, Mar 2, 2005 3:53 AM

...help Oceanic Arts finish their website?

I could do it within a month with secure transactions and all that if I could get the pictures and prices... but I figure there is someone out there in CA who already has their trust who can finish the job for them that has been on hold for several years now.

I'll help anyway that I can including setting up pages and financial junk, whatever. I'd be glad to trade my services for tapa cloth or kui nut necklaces or a carving or just about anything.

The catalog is neat and all but - Hanford Lemoore invented the internet for such a need as this.

PK

You are nice to want to help and to then use the site to purchase items. The funny thing is when I asked Bob if he wanted help with the site last year he told me, "We are just too damn busy." He felt, at the time, that they could not keep up with any more business than they were already generating.

Maybe a new effort will get that site up.

P.s. where is my two dollars, er, I mean Kahiki Moon Song????
=)

P
pablus posted on Wed, Mar 2, 2005 6:52 AM

Braddah - that song is DONE!
I'm going to record it in within the next 4-5 weeks if I can wrangle me some Kats.

If not - I'll record that song anyway with Rusty Key and Ona Koka.

Here's a list of the originals that will be recorded:

Hukilau Hurricane
My Mug Collection (with Jeff Berlin)
Limahuli
Kahiki Moon
Pass a Smile Along (band version)
Spirit of Okelehao

And of course, some pretty nice Hawai'ian and Hapa Haole oldies as well.

Henehene Kou Aka
Hawaiian Hula Eyes
Nani Hanalei
Wait for Me in Waikiki
Beautiful Kauai

And 5 Jimmy Buffett covers.
urp just kiddin'.

AND I'm working on a tune about Donn Beach vs. Trader Vic. This could be an epic. But it may not make the cut on this go round.

F

Please put me on the list to get that recording! I can't wait!

Pages: 1 3 replies