Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Stuffed Toys!!! woo-we

Pages: 1 21 replies

CA

Ben and I ran into these at the Santa Monica Pier this last weekend!!!
the beginning of THE END??.... again!!!
Giant Carnival Stuffed Tikis??????????????

inside scoop... coming soon?? these guys will be available in a small size with a...
Seven Second Crazy AL Sound Bite!!!! eeeek!
accompanied by Ape drummer Kevin Woodhouse! real Tahitian Drums!
The sound bite will hopefully make up for anything the stuffed character might be lacking........
http://www.fiestatoys.com

I'm assuming that's a drum the purple one is banging on...?

But then, knowing Tikis, maybe not...

ooga booga, have you met unga bunga? :)

On 2005-03-02 12:30, crazy al wrote:

the beginning of THE END??.... again!!!

Yup! That's it! They finally done it. The grossest colors, and most twisted missappropriation of Tiki yet. I am quittin'....

...but yet, there is a strange pull eminating from these images, a weird perverse attraction, a devilish voice whispering "...but they are sooo adorable!!!".

NO! Must close eyes in horror, must not think, aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

OB

On 2005-03-02 13:08, Johnny Dollar wrote:

ooga booga, have you met unga bunga?

Uh-huh, I'm his neighbor two grass huts away with the yard full o’ broken-down Tikis up on blocks.

You're right J.D., the Neon Tiki Tribe still is THEE single worst Tiki aberration. I had suppressed all memory of it, being in denial that something so awful ever existed under the Tiki banner.

Why did you have to bring it back? Arrrrrgh...first the stuffed Tiki Toys, now this...can't take it...the guilt, the guilt...I am responsible...all my fault...arrrgh....need Tiki Ti concoctions to fight bad voodoo...tonight -YESSS! A light at the end of the turning tunnel!

Aaaah, Mahalo Tiki Ti!

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-03-02 15:00 ]

What do you have to do to win one of those? ugh.

8T

What do you have to do to win one of those? ugh

I don't know what the contest is but you shouldn't get them for winning, only for losing.

On 2005-03-02 15:30, cynfulcynner wrote:

What do you have to do to win one of those? ugh.

Maybe shoot the sunglasses off those Tiki Tribe Tikis? WHILE the guy is holding them? With a shot gun (please)?

H

Hey, at least those plush tikis don't have parrots on their heads! ... for now...

T

Good God those are awful.

M

Anyone hear if they're going to do a plush lamprey? Hopefully, when it comes out it won't have a parrot on it's head either.

Have you seen these (not my auction)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80546&item=5959219633&rd=1
at the very least it's getting the kids' to recognise Tiki, even if it's in its most barstardised form and will hopefully lead them to the real thing in the future. Hopefully?

T

On 2005-03-03 09:59, MachTiki wrote:
Anyone hear if they're going to do a plush lamprey? Hopefully, when it comes out it won't have a parrot on it's head either.

I'll design it if Purple Jade makes it!

H

As seen this weekend in Santa Cruz:

::shudder::

Whoah! That image is going to haunt my nightmares!

On 2005-04-18 19:49, stuff-o-rama wrote:

Do nightmares need haunting?

That's gonna be my new screensaver!

Somebody thought they were doing me a favor by giving me one of those drummer guys. It does have a sound box in it, with drumming and an "Ooga Booga" voice track. Is that the Crazy Al voicebox?

the drummer is definitely my favorite.
no lips and purple is almost brown. well, closer than the other colours anyhow.

On 2005-04-19 10:59, Tiki-bot wrote:

On 2005-04-18 19:49, stuff-o-rama wrote:

Do nightmares need haunting?

I stand corrected.

That image will haunt me and give me nightmares!

Pages: 1 21 replies