Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

The 1,121 Naughty Words

Pages: 1 10 replies

This is the list of  "naughty" words not allowed on personalized jerseys at the NFL Shop. They were extracted by a hacker from a java script list found on the NFL Shop site.

http://outsports.com/nfl/2005/0301nflshopnaughtywords.htm

I myself would've loved to have chaired the meeting where the naughtiness of each word was discussed prior to final inclusion on the list. Would have given new meaning to a "hard" day at the office, ha, ha.

Sorry.

[ Edited by: Satan's Sin on 2005-03-02 16:06 ]

No BREAST JOB, BOOBS, or BOOBIES, yet BOOB JOB doesn't seem to be on the list. I detect a loophole.

D

only 1121 unapproved words? they werent trying hard enough! (i searched for a few fun ones words that definitely arent allowed to be embroidered at Disneyland.. but you can have on a sports shirt!)

i suppose you could get "smegma" imprinted on your jersey (so to speak) since the banned word on their list is "smagma"

I am of the opinion that this list was added-to over time; that someone double-checks every one that gets past the software and verifies is manually, and if it is rejected at that point, it's added to the list as to make the human's job easier the next time.

I say this because the list seems to be pretty detailed in some areas but not others. For example "F TOYOTA" is on the list, but no other make of car. My guess is someone actually attempted "F TOYOTA"; it was manually rejected and added to the list. That would also explain why a mispelled word like smagma is on the list.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-03-02 16:50 ]

ASSMAN! The TV censors even allowed that one to appear on a popular sitcom...during THE FAMILY HOUR no less. I never realized what a morally responsible organization the NFL is.

Handford, I think you're right. I have searched this list for some of my favorite invectives and found them missing. But I was distressed to learn that I will be forever unable to give Mrs. Satan's Sin a Mother's Day gift of an NFL sweatshirt with the word F&#KPIG.

A

Well, my most used "Colorful Metaphor" can still be ordered...thanks to Bill Murray in "Ghostbusters"....Motherpussbucket!!!!

J

Hey does Major League Baseball allows you to buy custom jerseys? I'd love to get a Giants jersey w/Barry Bonds' number and STEROIDS as the name emblazoned across the back. I wonder if they've got their own list of dirty words? No offense anyone... this is only coming from a bitter ex-baseball fan.

D

Do you get the feeling that they asked the DMV for a starter list?

damn, i can't give props to my favorite linebacker, ray titbitnipply.

Ah, my own personal favorite is allowed, Pinche Cabron.

Nique Tamère is my French Canadian name.

Trudy Kull is a good phonetic one.

Enculeur Deporcs. What would be the best phonetic spelling for that?

See, we just gotta buy these jersies and then market them to other countries!

Pages: 1 10 replies