Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

attention chicago and midwest tiki folk

Pages: 1 0 replies

every year the transworld haunted house trade show comes to town. It's this weekend at the rosemont convention center. I have been going for the last 5 years, and I noticed alot of new tiki stuff (new products) appearing at the vendors tables. there is sure to be more this year. They had some cool fiberglass tikis last year. Anyway, the trade show is for halloween stuff and other holidays. lots of costumes and haunted house stuff, like rubber corpses, mechanical monsters, etc. It's a fun show with alot of cool stuff. You wouldn't believe that there is such a huge industry for all this crap. the show runs for 5 days...till tues. or weds. If you go on the last day, you can buy a bunch of the sales samples for next to nothin'. The vendors just would rather sell it than have to pack it up and take it back home. Here's the rub- it's not a show open to the public(although that may have changed this year), but with alittle fast talkin, you can weasle your way in....it's not difficult to do, bring a business card or something and tell them you are a buyer for whatever company you work for...they don't press you for info. If anyone can get out there I reccomend it...plus, hala kahiki is just down the road.

Pages: 1 0 replies