Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

celery!!!

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=70041&item=7305724151&rd=1

You would almost think this was a tiki mug, except for that one word...

M

It's still kind of a cool mug. Now if it had said cucumber, that really would have been cool.

I've thought about this situation many a times, as they are one of the most frequently found items at car boot sales.
You see one out of the corner of your eye, think you've scored but no, damn celery pot!
They actually do afew differeny veggies as well.
Maybe i should just join 'Celery Central'

V
virani posted on Sat, Mar 5, 2005 4:33 AM

Have you heard they are re-opening the enchanted celery room in disneyland ??

T

Cheeky, I 've never seen it here, must be a UK thing. If you could somehow convince someone that this was indeed a tiki mug, and the word CELERY was just instructing you how to garnish the Bloody Caesar served in it, then maybe you could make a mint selling it on Ebay!

T

that is so funny you posted the mug!! we were at an antique store in whittier yesterday and one of the areas had one of those. i was looking for tiki mugs and i thought i'd found one, then i saw "celery". i had to laugh when i saw it. i thought about getting it, but passed it up. i ended up finding a harvey's barrel mug for $4.

[ Edited by: tiki5-0 on 2005-03-07 08:29 ]

maybe it really was from a tiki establishment, and as you got 1-1/2 hours free parking at pub tiki, you instead got free celery.

mahalo johntiki for pub tiki photo

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2005-03-07 08:48 ]

I

Here is a fun celery-based 'almost-mug,' that I thrifted a few years ago. It is 5 and a half inches tall. If it weren't for the narrow opening at the top, I might be displaying it with the rest of my tiki mugs.

Vern

Pages: 1 7 replies