Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Poker Chips

Pages: 1 39 replies

Hi, everybody!

I'm designing a set of customized poker chips and I thought I'd post 'em here to get the opinions of the Tiki world. Any comments, critique, or ideas are appreciated...

S
sungod posted on Sat, Mar 5, 2005 7:21 AM

Me like!!!

TM

Very cool! Dig the graphics and the backgrounds.

Who will be making these for you? Chipco? Where will they be available to purchase? And are you going to put $ amounts on them?

Yes, they'll be Chipcos. The chips will be pretty much as you see them--I made a version with denominations, but people didn't like them all that well (myself included).

I'd be happy to let others in on the chip purchase, but I'm making them for myself, not to go into business, so I won't be making extra sets and reselling them (unless I'm really close to a price break point :D

If you're interested, send me a PM and we can talk.

Those are groovy, I'd buy a set.

S

Those look cool

I'd buy a set too. Very cool.

Is it me or does the Green Chip look like Prince Charles?

Oh, geez, that's funny. He does! :lol:

TB

Very nice, what weight are you getting them in(11.5g)?

TBird.

These'll be the real things, so I believe they should be more like 10-10.5g. If you're interested in the details of the chips themselves, Chipco can tell you all about 'em.

Aloha Puzzle, some folks get a little riled about others coming on to TC just to sell a product.

The chips are cool just the same. Stick around and get to know some of us, if you are inclined to do so.

TM

On 2005-03-05 11:03, puzzlemonkey wrote:
Yes, they'll be Chipcos. The chips will be pretty much as you see them--I made a version with denominations, but people didn't like them all that well (myself included).

I'd be happy to let others in on the chip purchase, but I'm making them for myself, not to go into business, so I won't be making extra sets and reselling them (unless I'm really close to a price break point :D

If you're interested, send me a PM and we can talk.

Puzzlemonkey doesn't seem to be 'selling' these, but rather looking fo feedback and letting others in on the deal.

Yes—it was certainy not my intention to "drum up" any business here. The chips are my personal creation for my own use. Sorry to any I've annoyed.

...And it is my intention to hang around here. I've been lurking about all of the forums, and they've been great!

HT

On 2005-03-10 18:40, puzzlemonkey wrote:
Yes—it was certainy not my intention to "drum up" any business here. The chips are my personal creation for my own use. Sorry to any I've annoyed.

...And it is my intention to hang around here. I've been lurking about all of the forums, and they've been great!

Welcome you monkey bastard, welcome!

ALOHA!

These are awesome! I have a poker game every monday night during football season and these would be perfect. Let me know how I can get these.

They're here! These are the actual chips:

...Thanks to all for your support and input!

[ Edited by: puzzlemonkey on 2005-04-15 08:42 ]

[ Edited by: puzzlemonkey on 2005-04-15 08:43 ]

T

those turned out really great looking!!! that'll make poker more fun to play! have fun with them.

TM

Awsome! Wanna sell any?

..those would be easy to produce in china...I can make them for you over there. p.m. me if interested.

These chips are so cool I actually want to get off my lazy ass and finally learn how to play poker... I'm always hated math and anything that involves numbers doesn't seem like fun and scares me away. For some bizarre reason I'm afraid while playing I might be required to add up the numbers on the cards in my hand... and I'd look like a complete idiot using my fingers to count. :)

On 2005-04-15 11:56, johntiki wrote:
These chips are so cool I actually want to get off my lazy ass and finally learn how to play poker... I'm always hated math and anything that involves numbers doesn't seem like fun and scares me away. For some bizarre reason I'm afraid while playing I might be required to add up the numbers on the cards in my hand... and I'd look like a complete idiot using my fingers to count. :)

are we related johntiki?

My husband loves poker and wants me to learn, but I feel the same way. I'm sure I'd love it, especially if I could use some sweet poker chips like these!

Are you offering sets for sale at all, puzzlemonkey?

T

Nice.... Would go great with my table

These are so cool. A bit more extravagant than where I'm at in my life right now...but beautiful. Good luck with these!

H

Cool chips! I not a gambling guy, but they look cool.

Incredible chip set! All the guys at thr Lava-Flow-Inn play cards once a month and can only dream of such a cool set. Truly fantastic!

everyone notice the price?

I love the art though, don't get me wrong.

Do they sell small amounts of these? I make surfboard clocks and I would like to inlay them into the board.
Wes

W

simply beautiful!
but sadly out of my price poijnt.HOWEVER with the poker craze they should do really well!

D

hey!! Hanford has a banner up for the Tiki Kings Poker Chips ~ there's a great offer, a sample bag of all 7 chips, for less than 8 bucks, with free shipping!

i'm ordering now!

Mine have been ordered also!!
Wes

TG

never mind.....

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-10-25 11:01 ]

TG

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-10-25 11:00 ]

I like them but the price points are seemighly kind of high. I can't see buying them now but rather at about half or at least 2/3rds the current offering price.
Mahaloz,
Holden

M

PUZZLEDMONKEY-
I sent YOU a PM!!!!

Hello Tiki Forum Members,

We are currently running an ad on your forums for the new Tiki Kings Poker Chips. I have read this thread, and some posters are correct, these chips are not inexpensive!

However, these are quality chips, comparable to a chipco chip, or a Nevada Jacks Chip. They are made of a ceramic material and look and feel fabulous in person. They are priced right in line with similar quality chips.

We would like to extend a special offer to TIKIROOM members who would like to purchase either a 300 or 500 piece set of these chips.

We will take $30 off the price for a 300 set and $45 off the price of a 500 piece set.

To get this exclusive offer, please email [email protected] and identify yourself as a tikiroom forum member wanting the discount. They will instruct you on how to proceed.

I must say, the tiki texas holdem table I saw on this forum looks great!!!!

Thanks!

[ Edited by: ePokerDeals 2005-11-12 11:27 ]

[ Edited by: ePokerDeals 2005-11-12 11:30 ]

i just received the tiki poker chip sampler pack. i play alot of poker, and in my opinion, these are very high quality chips and have great tiki pictures. i'm going to use one as my cover chip when i play tonight. bullet

Y

Here you can find poker tables, poker chips and all stuff you need to play poker.

https://www.pokerdaddysite.com/

[ Edited by: Yanaqa 2009-01-12 12:34 ]

Pages: 1 39 replies