Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

5,4,3,2,1 all systems are go - at last!

Pages: 1 21 replies

After working on this project for along time with my beautiful assistant and partner Anj, we have launched our website!
http://www.cheekytiki.com
Our aim is to try and provide a place to buy Tiki stuff in the UK and Europe.
For a long time its been hard for everyone this side of the pond to get everything you have in the States without paying through the nose in Duty. We hope this will even this up, as we are paying it for you (on certain items). Other things we are making ourselves and we have many exciting items in the pipeline including our own mug which we will have more details of next week, plus many other things still to be added.
Please have a look at the website, any feedback would be gratefully received.
We also have our showroom opening soon in London, but more on that later.

Nice website.

T

Excellent work, nice site, easy to navigate. You are doing a great service for your countrymen. Keep it up!

Very nice!

I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers! :drink:

-Z

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Mar 6, 2005 1:56 PM

No go! Nothing is really working for me. Well, the coming soons work but I want to see more

A

Sweettttttt!

OL

Nice website! Since you are asking for feedback, I'll mention that you have a few mispelled words on your "What is Tiki" page and on your "Terms and Conditions" page. It is a minor detail, but should be easy to fix. Good luck on your endeaver!

On 2005-03-06 14:11, ookoo lady wrote:
Nice website! Since you are asking for feedback, I'll mention that you have a few mispelled words on your "What is Tiki" page and on your "Terms and Conditions" page. It is a minor detail, but should be easy to fix. Good luck on your endeaver!

I agree with ookoo lady on everything but the mispelled words, which I failed to find. If you're refering to "recognisable","cheque" or "colour" those are only mispellings on this side of the pond. That makes me wonder...are there British versions of Microsoft software that are programed not to ignore these spellings when you hit spellcheck? Anyway, that's a topic for Beyond (or Bilge). Nice work cheeky.

I think she's referring to "According" and Restaurants"

Do I get the Edittor job?

Apparently I don't. My apologies.

Thanks for pointing out the spelling mistakes, now I've been through it there are a few that are plain wrong ( which I'll change)and a few English English/English American differences.
As for TeaKEY not being able to see it, personally I am Web illiterate so I don't know why but I'll ask. Thanks again

T

Love the site Cheekytiki and wish you all the best with this. Its great news that there is now somewhere in the UK to buy all things Tiki - whether Mrs TikiSpecs or my bank manager will agree with that is another matter though.

(Using a Mac, I found the items for sale didnt show up in explorer but it worked fine with Safari.)

E
Erika posted on Mon, Mar 7, 2005 10:52 AM

Nice-looking site!

When you can, hire an editor to groom your text---typos were already mentioned, but there are punctuation problems as well. (I'd offer to copyedit in trade for a light-up pufferfish lamp, but really you should use someone from the U.K.)

Good luck with the business!

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWZZZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!

that's one fine website. Love the artwork at the beginning and those cool little animations when you're switching from one product to the next. Very high class.

grammer and spelling don't deter from the fact that you are an awesome carver.
Best of luck with your business!

V
virani posted on Mon, Mar 7, 2005 1:23 PM

congratulation, I can't wait to see the tikis and everything in real...

Thanks for all the feedback guys and girls.
I think I've sorted the spelling as for the grammer well, I'll get someone else to look at that!

If anyone has any cool Tiki stuff they would like to try and sell over here. E-mail and we'll sort something out.

Guys Great site
good to see it up and going,

BoB

C
Chrisc posted on Wed, Mar 9, 2005 8:23 AM

Looks a good site but I'm finding the pages are too big for my screen, so I only see the top 3/4 of them... is there any simple technical thing I can do?

CHRIS

Non of the products show up for me. I'm using Internet Explorer on a Mac. Looks good otherwise.

Thanks for letting me know these things, Apparently the reson it doesn't fit on screen is because of your screen reolution, we are adding a scroll bar for this.
As for Macs it should work with Safari.
Hope that makes sense

Yeah, less concerned with the website glitches and more pleased with the reality of actual Tiki stuff being available in the UK! For years and years, the only Tiki stuff you could get in the UK commercially was the odd (mass-produced) mug. Now there are carvers here that can chop and sand with the best of them.

Good luck with the business, Cheeky. It's a brave step into the unknown, but hell, Oceanic Arts started with just a few necklaces....

Trader Woody

Excellent site! The graphics come up a little slow for me here at work (DSL line) compared to other websites. Other than that it's all good. I especially like that little preview of the tikis that moves like a film strip when you advance it.

Oh, and I don't know how to convert English currency to US dollars. But that's my problem!

Good luck with the Biz.

A-A

Pages: 1 21 replies