Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My first Witco score... need some info please

Pages: 1 7 replies

So I was at the local county flea market this weekend and low and behold, my eyes met with these two ...

Anyone know where these came from? The seller said they were off of a tiki bar but I don't think they were. From the BOT pics and the placement of grooves in the backs of them, I would venture to say they were off of a chair or other furniture?? Don't really know for sure. Right now they look cool by my fireplace but they will find a better home in my tiki bar once the contruction is complete. The wood is in great shape except for some dust and dirt. What would be the best way to clean these up?

tj

Wow, nice score tiki junkman! Please don't tell me that you bought those at the Kane county flea market. I sloshed through the mud all day yesterday and only came home with a nice orchids R-1.
Man, I wish I'd find some witco. Congrats to you my friend!

Yup, thats the one. I go every month and have a few "tiki" vendors that I hit.

tj

E

ouch! that really hurts. Still glad it went to someone here, so we can at least gaze upon their beauty.
I must have been out of it Saturday, I only found one guy selling tiki mugs in one of the barns.
Do you live close by St. Charles where the flea market is? We are only about 15 min.s down Randal from there. ( well, maybe 20-25 mins. on flea market days, that traffic is getting to be something else on those days!).

woah! Do you live in my neighborhood?? I live about 15 min. south on Randall. Just moved into my new house about 8 months ago.

E

It's a small tiki world isn't it?! Hope you enjoy the Fox Valley area! Glad to know that tiki people are moving into the area, maybe soon people won't look at me with blank stares when I talk about my quests and collection.
Hey, it's coming back to me now--didn't someone in your group win Dave's Tiki at Tabu tiki nights? It's a small world indeed.

Yeah, my brother was in town and his girlfriend won it. But it is actually at my house. They weren't able to take it on the plane and didn't want to pay for shipping that bad boy. I am "tikisitting" him for now. He has a good home.

tj

they could well be off a bar. i heard of a guy who had a witco bar with roof supports. (cleveland). he had taken them off and his wife put them out to the trash because she hated them! I also have a similar piece thats only half the size.

[ Edited by: chisel slinger on 2005-03-09 16:30 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies