Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bong's Tiki Hut Front Doors Welcome You

Pages: 1 25 replies

T

Last year in O'ahu, Mdm Bong and I went to a place we know and ordered a couple of carved doors for the front.

The doors are mahogany and the design is of banana leaves. The doors are carved on both the exterior and interior sides.

From the front of the house.

From the interior.

Detail.

Front of Bong's Tiki Hut.

T

Very cool Bong. Looks like you got some tiki hiding in the garage.

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2005-03-06 18:30 ]

R

Those doors are really nice. Did they come finished? Any chance you would share some pics of the carvings that are infront of the Bong hut and in the Bong car park.

B

Mrs. Fury wants those doors! Now!!!!!! If I ask nicely will you tell us how and where we can order ours? The 1970s tract home we are moving to needs that kind of help.

Bonger, are those the doors that have been sitting in your garage all this time?

Daym brah, dems are DOPE, yo!

As they say in The Great White North...BEAUTY!

(Hey, tikifish said I could be an honorary Canuck!)

Z

Those are beautiful! They really set the standard for tiki front doors. Your address numbers look very cool, too. Gorgeous tropical plants, they seem to make the tikis happy enough to stick around in the garage.

Very classic Mr. Bong.
Aloha,
:tiki:

BONG,
Very sweet! Those doors really set the tone for what's inside. Hey, your front yard looks great now that the construction rubble has been removed. I really like the stone along the driveway, and the way the theme carries through to the entry.
KG

A

Those Banana doors have APPEAL
Mahalo,
Al

Someone has to do this, so...
GROAN

M

VERY cool Bong.

On 2005-03-07 10:25, Alnshely wrote:
Those Banana doors have APPEAL
Mahalo,
Al

I'm afraid with a joke like that, we're gonna have to ask you to leaf.

(rimshot!)

Thanks for the kind words folks. If interested I can be the name of the people we ordered them from.

P

Those doors are beautiful ! Did Mdm Bong design them, or was it an existing design ? Having 2 doors with that nice color and carving really makes for a wonderful entry. I like that carved piece w/ the tapa-like design, that's just above the door on the inside of the house, too ! Thanks for posting.

T

Very nice T_B ! Now to make sure my wife doesn't see these pics just yet.

I must say, those are quite the most beautiful doors I've ever seen.

P

They look like plastic toys pasted into your home with photoshop.

I think I'll have to come out to HB now that I've got a chance and verify that they are as spectacular as they appear.

And what of this "bar" I've been reading about?

I'm going to have to inspect that too.

And you're a musician, or so I've read - I'll just have to bring my uke and knock on your new "doors" and drink some drinks in your "bar" and play some "music" with you. I should be able to complete my research in about 6-8 hours, depending on the amount of times your wife yells "get out now" and hits me with the pepper spray.

Always with the pepper spray. Oy.

On 2005-03-10 14:37, pablus wrote:
They look like plastic toys pasted into your home with photoshop.

I think I'll have to come out to HB now that I've got a chance and verify that they are as spectacular as they appear.

And what of this "bar" I've been reading about?

I'm going to have to inspect that too.

And you're a musician, or so I've read - I'll just have to bring my uke and knock on your new "doors" and drink some drinks in your "bar" and play some "music" with you. I should be able to complete my research in about 6-8 hours, depending on the amount of times your wife yells "get out now" and hits me with the pepper spray.

Always with the pepper spray. Oy.

Yeah, I've heard you're coming out West once or twice before...

P

You're gonna feel SO bad when I tell you "the whole truth" face to face. It involves llama and polynesia and hospitals and whole grains and evil and...and... a bunch more stuff you'll just have to wait for...

....nyah.

Your door is plastic; what about THAT?

P.S. So, what rum should I not come without?

S

Bong,

Congrats on the new doors! You live the good life, man.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 14, 2005 3:28 PM

Those doors really set the house off. Simple in design yet really classy

those are very nice

B

Yes those doors say a lot. They say "Tropical paradise inside". or "Crazy man who likes those Tiki things lives here" and lots of other stuff. They are very nice doors and you are the envy of TC. I think we would all love at least One of those doors on our house. Beautiful.

You know what, I don't usually dispense of accolades with ease, but I like this Benzart, I think he's a kindred sole...

(sorry to soil your reputation.)

Those really are nice! I love Mahogony.

Those doors kick ass!!! EEEEEEEaaaaaaaOOOOOOoooooowwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwww

Pages: 1 25 replies