Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Surfin' Sundays-Huntington Beach-Sand Devils

Pages: 1 16 replies

B

Another good reason to live in the O.C..........

May 1-The Sand Devils-The Deoras-The Neptunes-The Outer Wave Surf Band-& The Detonators

June 5-The Insect Surfers-The Eliminators-The MiGs-The Surf Kings- &The Dynotones

Aug 7-Pollo Del Mar-The Fabulous Nomads-Slacktone-The Boardwalkers- & The Halibuts

Pier Plaza........Free! I think an Orange County Crawl should be the Saturday before any of these dates.

T

Good idea Bongo,

We made need to have, if even informal, a small OC Crawl before one of these gigs.

I'm in town for the first of those gigs if anyone wants to get together?

B

All these will be worth checking out, but I want to support our own Kick_the_reverb.......so we are in for The Sand Devils. CheekyTiki, we should try to hook up with Bong and if there's interest at least hit Sam's Seafood later. How long are you here and where will you be staying?

That would be cool? We are over the 30th till the 10th and will be going up to the Oasis. Been offered to stay with a freind, but he lives in Pasedena I think, which is a fair way from the beach? So I'm going to look at renting an apartment somewhere closer to the coast as well so I can get some surfing in without taking up the whole day and pissing off the other half.
Do you know of any Places anywhere?

The Deoras are not to be missed as they feature Mike Palm from the legendary O.C. surf-punk band Agent Orange.

H.B. always rocks. May 1 (Lei Day fo da Hawaii ohana) is a perfect kickoff day for the summer festivities. I dunno 'bout you guys, but I'm sick of winter, it's way overstayed its welcome. O.C. crawl (or mini-crawl) would be nice, but Sam's is a must.

Cheekytiki.....Pasadena is a bit far from the sand, but close to Damon's and The Bahooka. You may want a place closer to the surf unless you want an hour drive (in good traffic). We are definately going on the 1st, so let's get something together. Maybe this should move to Events?

Is this all still go.
It's on the night we arrive, so does anyone know of a reasonable hotel in the area for the night?

T

Bumpin' this one a notch!

Updated info for the 1st show here!

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=14266&forum=4&4

Hope to see y'all there

Trustar

You guys are stoked! Be sure to catch the Neptunes, They are a lot of fun! Every show they are having looks UNREAL!! Man if I could I would see everyone of these shows. This was taken from Otto's list. I put in the smilies for the bands I have actually heard and dig. You guys in and around "Surf City South" are going to get a heavy dose of reverb this Summer. Enjoy it!
Just take a look at this:

MAY 1st...PIER PLAZA........11:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
DEORAS
SAND DEVILS (with TC Ohana, Kick_the _reverb :music: )
NEPTUNES 8)
OUTER WAVE SURF BAND
DETONATORS

MAY 15th..MUSEUM PARKING LOT....1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
REVENTLOS 8)

JUNE 5th...PIER PLAZA......11:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
INSECT SURFERS 8)
THE ELIMINATORS
MiGS
SURF KINGS
DYNOTONES

JUNE 12th..MUSEUM PARKING LOT..1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
HILLBILLY SOUL SURFERS & GLASGOW TIKI SHAKERS

JUNE 26th.MUSEUM PARKING LOT...1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
TORQUAYS 8)

JULY 10th..MUSEUM PARKING LOT...1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
BREAKAWAYS & GIDGET FOR BOOK SALE AND SIGNING

JULY 24th..MUSEUM PARKING LOT..1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
DUOTONES JAM SESSION WITH GUESTS :o
MATT QUILTER OF THE REVENTLOS
RICH KNIGHT OF THE ROYALTONES
TED THOMPSON OF THE DETONATORS

AUGUST 7th...PIER PLAZA.....11:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
POLLO DEL MAR 8)
THE FABULOUS NOMADS
SLACKTONE :o
BOARDWALKERS
HALIBUTS 8)

And if that aint enough....
:o :o :o :o :o :o
AUGUST 21st.MUSEUM PARKING LOT.1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
SURF DRUM EXTRAVAGANZA LIVE PROMOTION CONCERT
DVD PRODUCED AND FEATURED ARTIST BOB COLWELL, DAVE MYERS AND THE
SURFTONES ORIGINAL DRUMMER
KOCE REAL ORANGE will be on hand for this event.
DUSTY WATSON DRUMMER FROM SLACKTONE.
MATT AND LEE OF REVENTLOS...
TRACEY LONGSTRETH FROM ORIGINAL RYHTHM ROCKERS
JIM PASH & PAUL JOHNSON OF SURFARI'S
SAM BOLLE OF DICK DALE & SLACKTONE
STEVE SOEST OF TORQUAYS

SEPT 4th..MUSEUM PARKING LOT....1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
CHUM

SEPT18th..MUSEUM PARKING LOT...1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
HOT ROD TRIO

SEPT 25th..MUSEUM PARKING LOT..1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
GOOFYFOOTS

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-04-24 11:15 ]

Hey Chongo!

Howzit braddah! I wish you could come down and we could share a few waves and a Mai Tai or 2!

Yeah Bong,
I am definately going to go on safari to the southlands sometime soon. I will keep these shows in mind when I get to planning stages. Until then we will have Mai-Tai's at Oasis!

Chongolio

Looking forward to seeing you all this Sunday. Thanks for promoting this without me posting anything.

Later
Rn

B

The weather forecast was a bit off......overcast with a chance of rain? No way. Hot with a nice breeze.
In the background.......Cheeky Tiki, Tiki Bong, Polynesian Pop, Trustar, Mrs. Fury, Mrs. Reverb, Bamboo Ben.....and surf freak and fellow Mermen fan Gavin from Colorado.....

The Sand Devils were smokin hot.......

.....and yes, Ran did kick the reverb........

A great day at the beach! Topless girls on the sand, Lapu Lapus at Trustar's, a couple pints at the HB Brew pub, great surf bands, Barbeque at Mo's (garlic fries too)....ya shoulda been there.

The Sand Devils are not to be missed (play Oasis). The quality of the music was as good as and sometimes better than the other bands. Not bad for their 3rd gig. Ran seemed to be having a great time and brought a lot of energy to the stage. The Neptunes were also good. See you all there next month.........

Damn! Shutterfly assigned the same # to different pix........oh well....

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2005-05-02 08:20 ]

Thanks for the compliments...my hands were not cooperating with me, but I guess I managed to fake my way through our songs :wink:
I would have kicked the reverb even more if I had a backup with me.
Some nice pics Bongofury, thanks for posting.
Ran

YES! All the bands there were really great, but the Sand Devils were fer-shur the "rockin'est" of'em all. Keep us posted as to upcoming gigs...K?

Pages: 1 16 replies