Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Any info on this Pineapple Mug?

Pages: 1 20 replies

Here's the latest addition to my tiki bar. Falls into the love it or hate it category. Personally, it's gotta be my new favorite and will only be used to serve drinks to my guests of honor. Anyone know who made this one or where it came from? (no markings on this mug/vase).

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2002-11-14 11:05 ]

T

What tha....?
What the heck is going on there? It looks like a puppy dog crawling out of his ear!!!! I'm gonna have nightmares now, I just know it....

Weird! It sure looks like one of those wacky 50's Napco/Napcoware vases to me.
It would make a very odd drink mug indeed!

S

Good Lord! You need to make a special drink to go in there called the "Puppy Dog Pineapple Parasitic Infection." Jeez!

ack! A mug tailor made just for me! I must have one!

:tiki:

What the hell would inspire such a sick creation as that! I have never been so disgusted in my life! What the hell does a dog and a freaking pineapple have in common? I think someone was on some serious drugs when they made that mold! Oh and did I mention that I got to get me one of those! I like it!

M

The flying monkeys from "Wizard of Oz" used to scare me like nothing else. This mug? has usurped those airborne simians now.

That is truly a horrific item, in a cosmic sense. Gruesome.

Midnite

T

See what happens when you mess with genetic engineering?!

tikigreg wrote:
See what happens when you mess with genetic engineering?!

Jesus....you are absolutely right. This could make a better anti-GM poster than anything I've ever seen previously.
Horrible...horrible...

Trader Woody

Bigbadtikidaddy - I think you may be right. Now that I've begun to research, this looks a lot like some of those Napco vases that don't fall into the traditional "head vase" category.

Swanky - I like your drink name. Am also thinking about a "Punctured Pineapple Punch" or a "Pina-Collie-lada".

If Traderpup ever opens a chain of "Trader Pup's" restaurants, he'll have to find a way to mass-produce these.

Sabu

H

I love it! I especially like that the pineapple seems embarrassed to have a beagle popping out of it. It's almost apologetic about it. Great find!

looks like someone had a flask of rum while on a cheezy date at one of those d-i-y ceramics color me mine joints! Bad day at the swap meet?

Sabu-
Here is a fine go-with for your wacky mug/vase(s)!
The coconut head teapot!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2067531416
The picture above has changed, is that something new that you found?
It looks like a nice vessel for your sweet-n-sour sauces!

[ Edited by: bigbadtikidaddy on 2002-11-13 12:34 ]

T

On 2002-11-13 12:33, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
The picture above has changed, is that something new that you found?
It looks like a nice vessel for your sweet-n-sour sauces!

I thought either I was losing my mind, or it was one of DAMNED MAGIC EYE things 'cause I couldn't see any fricken' dog anywhere in that pineapple!

But this picture scares me too!

T

Aren't those just dual condiment jars - kinda like a cheap imitation of Holt Howard? One for yer mustard, one for yer relish, I would hazard to guess.

You lushes see booze in EVERYTHING, sheesh!

Anybody wanna try to explain this little gem? A monkey embracing a giant pink peanut?

So what was the original pic? I'm so curious now...

I didn't know this thread would have such a long life. I used a link to the original e-bay auction photo and it looks like it's changed! Now that I have the original puppy/pineapple mug in my hands, I'll photograph it tomorrow and change the picture back. Sorry about that.

Sabu

Ok,

Now the original puppy/pineapple mug photo is back in place.

Bigbadtikidaddy - I like that coconut teapot but missed-out on the bidding.

Traderpup - I LOVE that pink, ceramic monkey/peanut monstrosity. I'm starting to get a picture in my head of a psycho, cartooney-looking tiki bar, just filled with this whacko stuff and it's frightening me. What kind of tiki mugs would you use? Those big-toothed Kelbos ones? I can see that you've cleverly hidden the ebay auction link and have just used the photo. Saving it for yourself, eh?

Sabu

(PS: with that hair, the monkey resembles Bamboo Ben not a little).

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2002-11-14 11:16 ]

I'm ashamed to admit that the monkey grasping his pink nuts is a part of my collection....! Did you miss out on the monkey stroking his banana auction?

All this weird stuff gives new meaning to the term "Moai puppy penis ear" or whatever the hell that expression is.

Pages: 1 20 replies