Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Funhauser Decor

Pages: 1 16 replies

Here's a little shop I happened upon in Vancouver Canada. Stock a lot of Tiki Farm products and carvings/paintings by local artists. Prices are really good considering S&H charges buy ordering online.

Thought some Canadians here might be interested.

http://www.funhauserdecor.com

-Regards, Andrew.

Hey Roadkutter!
Thanks for that link! Our very own Travellin' Tiki sells her fantastic prints there as well!

I EXTRA appreciate that link, because I'll be in Vancouver March 17th - 19th and wanted to stop by at that exact shop!

Hey I see you're a new member, WELCOME!
Are you in Vancouver? I'm over on the island.
Mahalo!

Just like my ol' favorite western says, "I'm roundin' up the troops and comin' at ya hard & fast..."

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:27 ]

Yes I am new to the group and thanks for the welcome. I also got the heads up about their secret stash and accessability to product, probably because I couldn't leave without buying 3 mugs and warning I'd be back on the 15th (payday).

I'm in the process of finishing off my Tiki Bar/50s Lounge in my basement and had to stop by for ideas, suggestions and what not. Will post photos when I get the boss’ camera.

-Andy (aka. Roadkutter)

Oh, I saw the Travellin' Tiki prints there, their great, I'm gonna have to pick one up on the 15th.

-A

Great news SCD!
Darn it all, now I'll be bringing all sorts of mugs and prints home with me. I'd better bring the expanding suitcase!

I think I'll have to make a special Ikea/funhauser trip in the next few months, in case they get some new mugs in!

On 2005-03-08 10:34, Tikiwahine wrote:
Great news SCD!
Darn it all, now I'll be bringing all sorts of mugs and prints home with me. I'd better bring the expanding suitcase!

$#@*! I'll be working in Abbotsford, not Vancouver. I guess the trip will have to wait a couple of months. Darnitall.

Tikiwahine, get on thier emailing list to be updated with new arrivals. I asked if they would let me know when they are making speacial orders to see if I was interested in anything.

Now I just have to talk them into selling me thier Black Skull Mug, #23, the date of my Birthday... I already tried that line!

roadkutter, I will sign up, thanks!

Good luck with the mug aquisition!
That skull sure is a cool one.

Alright, so I'm heading over to Vancouver a day early. We have to stop at a fabric distributor downtown, and I've been promised a trip to Funhauser which is only a few blocks away!

I hope they'll have a Drei Moai left for me!

R

Here are some pics of the store. Our very own Pepe le tiki is the owner.

Enjoy

Oooh! I'll be there on the 20th! Can't wait!
See ya soon Pepe!

Wow guys! Thanks for your support!!
Looking forward to your next visit Tikiwahine, your Gulp is waiting for you!
Mahalo nui loa,
Pepe

I'm local & available for your personal shopping needs; Funhauser doesn't do mail order (or much else!) on their website:

http://www.funhauserdecor.com/

35 East Pender St.
Vancouver B.C. Canada
V6A1S9@MAP

Cheers!

kai

That's a nice offer Kai!

Funhauser does PLENTY for their customers! They organized an event and hosted a ton of us at their shop just this past July! Have a look here

(I heart Funhauser)

P.S. Pepe le Tiki is a Funhauser Fellow

bttt , this friday on hgtv canada the show love it or lose it is tiki themed , episode is called the sands of time and the store will be featured.

YAY for funhauser crew!!!

Bad news!

From Funhauser's website:

It's with great sadness that I must announce the closure of our little shop. We've endured some difficult times in the last year and it is no longer feasible to keep it going. This decision has not come easy as much love, hard work and time have gone into creating a unique and fun shopping experience.

I want to thank everyone who's supported us in the last six years. Seeing people smile and laugh at the items we sell has been extremely rewarding. The best part of our business has been our customers. I've come to know so many amazing people through this venture and that will live on regardless of what lies ahead.

I also want to remind everyone that in these difficult times, there are many small local independent retailers that are struggling to survive and need your support. Please consider them when shopping. They bring you a unique selection of items that are often locally made. Your dollars will go back to the community you live in.

We'll see you out there with much love!!!

Peter & Alan

Pages: 1 16 replies