Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Dominican Republic Rum

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

My father-in-law is heading to the Dominican Republic for a golf tournament next week. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good rum that he could bring back (one that you couldn't find in the states.) Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanx

RB

Listings on this page for Dominica and Dominican Republic. Don't know anything about any of these. http://www.ministryofrum.com/islands.html
(Of course, on the other side of the island of Hispaniola is Haiti...home to Rhum Barbancourt!)

Not sure if these are available to you where you live; but Ron Matusalem Rum Gran Reserve and Ron Barcelo Emperador are worthy additions to any bar. Both are dark and aged good for over the rocks or mists sipping.... but hell I mix with them as well. In country both will be cheap. If your lucky you might find the Ron Barcelo Emperador in a limited edition decorative bottle/decanter. I'd suggest to your father in-law to pick up two 1-liter four packs (one for each hand) that way he'll have no room for cheesy trinkets and he walk ballanced.

T

Thanx for the tips. My father-in-law is ther now. I hope he remebers my shopping list.

Has anyone had the elixir Mamajuano.
It is supposed to be the Dominican elixer/aphrodisiac.

On 2007-06-27 22:01, christiki295 wrote:
Has anyone had the elixir Mamajuano.
It is supposed to be the Dominican elixer/aphrodisiac.

Ooooo! Mama Juana!

You can probably get some shipped to you from here.

Haven't tried it myself. Sounds good, though.

I have been to the Dominican Republic several times. My faves are Brugal and Barcelo both widely available everywhere in the Dominican and some in the US...

Pages: 1 6 replies