Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How many Canadian are on Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 23 replies

I'm not Canadian (yet) just a transplanted Aussie who lives in Vancouver.

Is see Tikiwahine is on the Island, how many more are out there and where??

R

I am here in Calgary ,there are others too.

Hay rodeotiki, I'll be in Calgary this October (long time off) for my brother-in-laws Wedding. Will it be worth checking out the Bamboo Tiki Room when I'm there?

T

I'm in Toronto, so I'm no help to you!

R

Greetings, roadkutter. I'm in Edmonton.

I was born and raised in Toronto. Miss family, friends and especially good hockey, however, I don't miss the weather now that I'm living in California.

Don't think M Modern Gallery would have taken off the same way in Toronto. Then again, you never know, eh!

mm -- if you wanna thaw out, no place better than Palm Springs.

mmodern,
next time I'm down in your direction(oot and aboot) I can bring along poutine, really strong canadian beer, maple syrup, hockey on dvd, or anything else that might remind you of home.
However, I promise to leave the snow alone!(I don't get any over here in Victoria anyhow)

beauty!

This is the greatest Documentary on Canadian Life ever, so Take Off, Eh?

You hosers can have some Donuts & Ale, but you gotta bring your own Bacon, eh?

K

Yay, fellow Canucks. I'm a Toronto native who's relocated to SF Bay. mmoderntiki, the M Modern Gallery looks like a hoot. If I ever come down to Palm Springs I'll be sure to visit.

I'm here in Vancouver (...a little late!). Perhaps we should all gather and head south to the next Oasis!!

koo loo koo koo
koo loo koo kooooooo....

koo loo koo koo
koo loo koo koooo

So 9 current & former Canadians, Eh? That's like 15 American!

Vancouver Doctor making house calls here.
Gastown.

Funhauser is my temple.

can i be in the cool Canuk club too? My name's Cara, I'm in Ottawa :)
Not a lot to offer here but the Aloha room, which is a great dive bar, but a terrible tiki bar. There's also a rumour that a local hotel was once tikified and from the outside it does look like that may have once been the case, but i'll need to really go and investigate at some point for the scoop.

Fortunately Jardin Tiki in Montreal is pretty close when I'm feelin' those tiki pangs, and next weekend I'm planning a 'lil trip to Lake George to stay at the tiki hotel that's there. I'll try and post some pics afterwards.

Any suggestions on good Canadian places to look for things for my own tiki collection?

Tikifish's apartment. Be sure to take a large purse.

Welcome to TC Jadeblade, good to have you aboard.

I too, am a poutine eating, french swearword spewing, maple syrup slurpin', stompin' tom lovin' canaaadian.. but Andy already knew that.. haha..

(and he gets extra canuck points for actually watching hockey..)

"Someone put the Whammy in the Gizmo and look what happened!" ~ Piano Slim

[ Edited by: Velvet Ruby 2005-07-21 23:40 ]

hello fellow canucks... I am a new member from Ontario Canada. Just found this cool forum and had to join. We will send in some pictures of our Jimmy Buffett/TIKI bar as soon has we figure out how to post them.

Greetings lastmango!

Welcome to Tiki Central.
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your bar.

thanks for the welcome Tikiwahine, the pics will be up this weekend. We are making a Tiki bar sign and it is almost done.

Anyone else down for a giant Oasis Road Trip next year?

Welcome to TC, Canadian Tiki lovers....you've found paradise!

We're definitely in for a Canadian Oasis invasion! (I don't think I could handle missing yet another!)

OK, its been 10 years since anyone posted on this thread. There has to be a lot of new Canadians on the scene now. Post if you are from CANADA.

Pages: 1 23 replies