Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Problems with Shutterfly

Pages: 1 13 replies

Is anybody having problems accessing this site? Wanted to post some pics, but can't. Is there any other way I can post pics without utilizing Shutterfly?

I

I used shutterfly two days ago to load some pictures to display here - everything worked perfectly then. Hope things work smoothly for you again.

Vern

A

AC,
What browser are you using?
Mahalo,
Al

F

Snapfish is another similar site. I haven't used it, but I assume it would work.

B

Shutterfly won't work with Firefox, but seems OK with the New Netscape

Ben, Shutterfly worked for me with Firefox 1.0, I haven't uploaded anything since upgrading to 1.0.1 but I'll try uploading some pictures of my Gran'daughter tonight.

I should point out that the Shutterfly Picture Upload Assistant doesn't work for me & I just use the manual "Add Pictures One-by-one" method.

Thanks guys, I'll be posting pics soon. You can check them out under collecting tiki, I'll add them to my old post. :)

Thanks all! Was able to upload new pics, check them out.

Is anyone else having trouble seeing some of the older posts that use shutterfly? For example, I can't see the pictures on this, my own post: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10937&forum=5&hilite=witco%20brochure

Yet I can see them when I go into my shutterfly account so I know they are still there. It's been that way for at least three days and on several computers and servers.

UPDATE: I found the problem; comparing the html in my posts to the current URLs Shutterfly has assigned my pics, it appears Shutterfly has changed the URL on some of my photos.

I wonder if they are getting tired of being hyperlinked.

http://www.thelope.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: tikijackalope 2006-07-25 17:13 ]

[ Edited by: tikijackalope 2006-07-25 17:52 ]

A
Al-ii posted on Tue, Jul 25, 2006 7:38 PM

I noticed weeks ago that the urls of some of my old pics had been changed. What remains to be seen is if Shutterfly is actually shuffling urls periodicaly to thwart hyperlinking. It's too bad, if we loose shutterfly, we loose some great stuff.
Mahalo,
Al

A
Al-ii posted on Tue, Jul 25, 2006 7:47 PM

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2531&forum=1&15
These photos of Damons are posted on Shutterfly, the urls had been changed. I changed the URLs in my post, so you can see the pictures now. I'll keep an eye on this post, I think shutterfly may be shuffling URLs
Mahalo,
Al

Does there seem to be any logic as to how the URLs are changing?

K

I've noticed that sometimes some of my hyperlinked photos from Shutterfly show and sometimes they don't. When they don't show it looks like their URLs are much shorter than they were originally. I can't detect a pattern - it's on again/off again - very sporadic.

Apparently, one of the photos I posted in Creating Tiki mysteriously changed to a "bald guy dancing" for a day or so, even though I don't have any such photo in my Shutterfly account. At least it wasn't a NAKED bald guy dancing. If I get a reputation for being weird, I want it to be for my own idiosyncrasies, not for some glitch in Shutterfly.

Didn't shutterfly used to display our pics on their site (the very pics we've been linking to) as jpgs?

Most of my shutterfly pics are now displaying on that site as bitmaps.

Pages: 1 13 replies