Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis V now Sold Out!

Pages: 1 4 replies

B

i don't know if it is ok to make this it's own 'post' but I wanted to make sure everyone got this info THIS week. Last chance to get those rooms/tickets!

Based on the legal capacity limits of the Caliente Tropics hotel we now have determined that the Tiki Oasis V event is sold out (Yes we are surprised too to have such an early sell-out!)

No more weekend passes will be sold
AND we will not sell any tickets the day of the event

There are only three ways to still get a ticket to Tiki Oasis and these tickets are subject to availability

We have reserved a limited number of passes for guests traveling on the Tiki bus from SF (see info below)

You can volunteer for the event (approx 4-6 hours of time) e-mail Hukilau Brown

We were in the process of making arrangements with the Vagabond Inn over the past few weeks and are happy to announce that we have 20 rooms available (You must purchase a weekend pass for $40 each if you are staying at the Vagabond Inn)

A Two-Night Minimum Stay is required

Vagabond Inn
Must Call 800-522-1555 and identify yourself as part of Tiki Oasis V
Group Code: TIKI

Buy ticket at: http://www.tikinews.com
When you buy your Tiki Oasis ticket please note: We are staying at th Vagabond Inn

Tiki Bus to Tiki Oasis V:
There are also approx 20 spaces available on the bus
This is a fun, relaxing way to travel 400 miles and meet new friends (or not)
All about the bus:

Tiki Bus to Tiki Oasis V: DEPARTS Thursday night from the Odeon (in SF) to PS approx 11 pm arrives PS approx 8 am
DEPARTS back to SF on Sunday early afternoon. $150 per person includes ticket to the event.

Yes, there will be live entertainment on the bus trip
Yes, people can take the bus one way and fly the other and just pay half ($55 + $40 for Tiki Oasis ticket = $95)
Yes, people can drink on the bus (no smoking, drugs).
Yes, you can sleep comfortable on the bus (it sleeps at least 40 while moving).
Yes, the bus drivers are qualified, sober and safe.
Yes, you can bring a dog or a child
No, you cannot sleep on the bus over the weekend
No, the bus will not make other pick up stops along the way

The vehicle is always serviced and checked by a licensed mechanic before it goes out on a trip. The coach is 40' long, and in great mechanical shape. It's a former Green Tortoise bus. There is a roof rack for bikes. There is a small potty (peeing only please) for your peeing pleasure. There is personal lights with every seat for reading. There are 2 dinettes for 8 - 10 people to play scrabble or cards or quarters. The coach travels at an average 65 miles per hour (20 mph up steep hills, though). 2 drivers means a safe journey through night.
Questions e-mail [email protected]

payment method is same as for Tiki Oasis tickets
use Paypal payable to [email protected] OR mail a check and confirm that you have done so by emailing Otto so that he does not oversell the bus and end up returning your money

++++++++++++++

Otto von Stroheim
Tiki News
2215-R Market Street #177
San Francisco, CA 94114
http://www.tikinews.com

P
pablus posted on Wed, Mar 9, 2005 5:56 PM

Congratulations. Well done!
A testament to the good mana you've developed over the years.

S

no bus from Seattle. but if I can get down there (not too likely, ) I'll take some volunteer shifts. I'll try though...
PEa

I have a room at the Vagabond Motel that I may not need....Let me know today if anyone might need a room....Tickets not included!!! You need to have tickets already.

I may have a room at the Royal Sun (with 2 tix!!!) To let go...I need to know today!

Pages: 1 4 replies