Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Speed Tiki is here!!

Pages: 1 2 94 replies

A

Photo from "Tikifarm"

From the Hudsonclassics.com website:

"SPEED TIKI IS HERE!!
Sculpted by "SQUID", manufactured by my MAJOR bro Holden at TIKI FARM, This Tiki has a limited Production of 250 pieces, a true collectable for all lovers of Tiki, Speed Tiki is a True HOT ROD no BS TIKI that will be a cornerstone of your collection or decor!!

SPEED TIKI will be avaliable on Wed, March 16th at 6:00pm PST.

Each mug comes with a signed certificate of authenticity, numbered 1 through 250.

ONLINE SALE DATE:

Wednesday March 16th, 6:00pm PST

Cost: $24.95 plus shipping/tax

(see info below)

Manufactured by Tiki Farm

Designed by SQUID

A HUDSON CLASSICS original

IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ!

Online-Only Sale Date: Wednesday March 16th at 6:00PM PST

Total Cost: $24.95/each plus FREIGHT & TAX (if applicable):

1 MUG: $9.95 SHIPPING

2 MUGS : $10.95 SHIPPING

All orders will ship SIGNATURE REQUIRED so please be sure to provide us with an address where someone will be able to sign for the delivery.

CA Residents will pay 7.25% State sales tax.

We DO ship internationally and we will provide you with shipping charges directly prior to processing any international orders. Shipping charges to Hawaii and Alaska are $12.95 for 1 mug $14.95 for 2 mugs.

WE WILL NOT SHIP THE SPEED TIKI MUG TO P.O. BOXES!

The "SPEED TIKI" button to the Left will be activated at 6:00pm p.s.t. on Wednesday, March 16th, 2005.

LIMIT TWO (2) MUGS PER CUSTOMER"

-I hope to be up in Murphys this weekend for the annual Celtic Fair, so hopefully I can sneak a peak at this badboy!! I'll post any pics I get on Sunday night.

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2005-03-09 20:13 ]

Hudsonclassics.com put the mug on a section of thier website. Here's the buying page-

http://www.hudsonclassics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=371

Thanks to everyone that has inquired offline about this mug, SPEED TIKI Will be onsale at 6:00pm PST today, I will ship your mugs promptly.
check 'em out at http://www.hudsonclassics.com
Thanks, Don

Its on..

Gots mine - Hopefully they'll show up before the ape mug!

M

Bought mine! Now, I feel the need for speed... eh Tiki

T

Bought mine. shipping said $4.00 ? something like that

I just ordered mine, but shipping was half the price listed on the site ($4.44 rather than $10). I hope this isn't a mistake.

-g-

Vroom Vroom....Yea for Speed Tiki on it's way here!

T

4.00 would be better than driving to a store (gas money) and standing in line (time is money) and then... well four would be OK

Yeah, $4.00 is better than driving to the store. I just paid 2.32 per gallon of gas
yesterday.
mines on it's way

Got mine !!! ordered at 6:30 pst. had no problem going thru

Hello, Thanks for all the orders!! SPEED TIKI is Moving right along. I will start shipping Thurs March 17, The shipping cost will be the $9.95 for 1 mug, $10.95 for 2 mugs, as quoted on the web site/emails from TIKI FARM, I am sorry if this confused anyone. I really appreciate your business today and in the future, and these will ship FAST, as I too am a collector and HATE to wait(i.e. HALE TIKI MUG...)
Mahalo

Thanks to all the TCers that have ordered, I'll begin shipping today. I also still have some for sale, please order from our website http://www.hudsonclassics.com

Mahalos,
Don

M

Hey Don:

This may be a stoopid question, but are you gonna have them in your shop? Me and mine are heading up to Murphys tomorrow and we'd like to stop in on ya and pick one up.

Rae

Mystiki, Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I was not In the shop this past weekend, I will only have Presold mugs in the shop for Folks to pickup at this point, if you want one feel free to call me at the shop.
Mahalo, Don

T

Anyone who ordered on the first day, get their mug yet. When can we expect the mugs??

TeaKEY, We have shipped over 100 in the past 3 days. If you know your order # I can tell if yours went out. We are almost caught up on the shipping..
Thanks, Don

M

#37 was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Speed Tiki is a GREAT mug. I love the purple flames and lime-green inside. Nice work Don & Squid & the Farm!!!

The Lime Green interior is SWEET! I got # 3 on Wednesday. Great mug!

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2005-03-26 10:55 ]

M

Mine arrived on Thursday. It is larger than I thought. Very nice. Thank You!

R

Got #32 in the mail on Friday. Very nice mug. Excellent shipping and packaging job. It was very protected (although I was worried that it was broken when I heard the rattle of the metal nose ring.)

T

Scared?? Then it was better than the Ring 2

If you have ordered a SPEED TIKI it has been shipped. Even the ones ordered today have shipped. I still have some for sale.
Thanks for making this fun.
Mahalo, Don

T

I received mine today - I love it! Very cool design, and that flame on the top is perfect. Great job, Don!!!

lucky number 13 & 14 his sister? Showed up in good shape no breakage.
Thanks I like it all Metal piercing - Lime green BLACK and Pink.

Nice job designing packing and shipping
Mahalo

just got #75 today . Badass thanx TikiFarm and Don Hudson

T

Got #87. Lime Green and black look awesome on a mug, as I said before about Tiki Diablo's mug. It just doesn't work with spandex biking shorts! :)

I received 47 & 48 on Monday. Another great Tiki Farm mug. I can't believe these haven't sold out yet.

HRT

We still have some SPEED TIKI Left, Please help me sell the remaining supply,and I will donate all the profit to a fund being established for a fellow racing competitor of mine,who along with her son, were tragicly killed in a Racing Accident at Tulsa Raceway Park over the weekend. heres the story..http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=91798#indextop
I know that this really doesnt have anything to do with the"day in dayout" things that we discuss on here, But Like many others on here I too have interests & businesses that TIKI helps tie together.
Thanks for all the support!!
Don Hudson- TAFC(Top Alcohol FunnyCar)756
http://www.donhudsonracing.com

T

Just ordered mine. That's a nice thing of you to do with the remaining sales.

I still have some left get em while there hot..

Thanks to all that bought already.

Speed Tikis still for sale. visit.www.hudsonclassics.com
mahalo

T

I was hoping for a low number so I order the sec. it can out and I got two of the highest numbers.

My box that they came in said mahalo braddah!! Sound like anyone you know? Gecko, your boxes get around.

teaKEY, please contact me offline at [email protected]
Thanks, Don

@ Hot Rod Tiki
How much is the shipping for 2 mugs to germany ??

HRT

I will get the price and contact you offline
Don

HRT

I still have some "SPEED TIKI's" Left!!You can also purchase them in my shops in Murphys, Ca and at Morro Bay, Ca. I might also take interesting trades(tiki only)

Mahalo

Speed Tiki's still left!! I know with all the cool new mugs from "the Farm" and Tiki Diablo, Its hard to be able to buy them all. Thanks to all that have bought already. You can also get'em at our shops at Morro Bay, Ca and Murphys, Ca and on the web http://www.hudsonclassics.com
Mahalo-Don

hey kids, i have a question...does anyone know where one could get tiki patches...like iron ons, etc...
thank you.

Any Speed Tikis left? (Just wondering.)

Hi Tiki Greg!
Yes, I still have some left to sell. You can still order off our web site.
Mahalo

I have a few questions regarding Don Hudson's Speed Tiki. I'm the proud owner of #109 and it has a very Matte Black finish. I've recently seen some pictures of a Speed Tiki with a gloss finish. I contacted the seller (it was on ebay) to ask him if it was flash or truely glossy. He responded that it was, in fact, glossy and not matte.

Is this guy blowing smoke or were some Speed Tikis glossy? I'm thinking he might have used some sort of cleaning agent on it that buffed it up enough to look shiny.... anyone know for sure???

One other thing, I heard that Don is trying to keep a registry of all Speed Tiki locations. If you purchased the mug directly from him does he have all your info or is this something he decided after shipping out some of the mugs??

Thanks and sorry for the loooong read!

T

I have a couple of the Speed Tikis, and it is more of a matte finish than a glossy finish. I have other mugs that are definitely more matte, but I certainly wouldn't call Speed Tiki glossy.

I don't know about Don keeping track of all the numbers, but he may be doing that.

T

I just bought one off of e-bay 6208658661. It looks pretty shiny to me. I don't have it in hand yet. I'll post an update when it arrives.

T

mine is not glossy. And I have more than one. Oh, and if there is a registry going, I sent one to Germany.

T

On 2005-09-13 16:45, Tikisgrl wrote:
I just bought one off of e-bay 6208658661. It looks pretty shiny to me. I don't have it in hand yet. I'll post an update when it arrives.

Yeah, that sure does look pretty glossy! Let us know what it's like when you get it. All the pics I've seen of it on TikiFarm and Don's site indicate its more of a matte finish, but who knows?

I bought my two mugs when Don posted he was donating the profits to the family of a fellow driver that lost her life in a racing accident. I'm glad I did buy them. I'm really enamored of the black exterior coupled with the glossy lime green inner glaze. Tiki Diablo has a mug with the same combo of glazes. It's quite striking if you've ever seen it in person. I'm sure you can still get them on Don's site.

Edit: P.S. - I predict that this mug will go the way of the Shecky mug. Shecky mugs went homeless for months, and now you can't get one for love nor money.

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2005-09-13 18:51 ]

M

The Speed Tiki that I have is more of a matte/semi-gloss finish like a lot of the older black tiki mugs.

On 2005-09-13 18:36, tikigreg wrote:
Edit: P.S. - I predict that this mug will go the way of the Shecky mug. Shecky mugs went homeless for months, and now you can't get one for love nor money.

If what TikiGreg says is true... Buy yours now... you can still get it

It's a GREAT mug. One of my favorites.

[ Edited by: MachTiki 2005-09-13 20:40 ]

Pages: 1 2 94 replies