Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Behold the art of THOR!

Pages: 1 2 replies

I was breezing through ArtExpo in New York last week, thinking I was going to escape without having to spend any money, when, at the end of the very last row, I beheld the amazing art of Tom THORdarson for the very first time. Seeing his work was a revelation and I still haven't quite recovered from the experience. Tom and his publisher had a spectacular display and I'm happy to report that I'm now the proud owner of six of his pieces. As soon as I returned from the show, I immediately took down six paintings and replaced them with the newly acquired THORs. I love them all but my favorite is "Brewing It My Way." I could sit and stare at this painting for hours. It's the next best thing to having your own tropical island. I find myself purposely detouring to take a look at it and I immediately fall under its spell. I might also mention that this is one of the finest giclee on canvas pieces that I've ever seen (and I've studied them extensively). There is in fact no need to hock the farm for an original painting when you have a giclee like this which looks every bit as good as an original. Tom is an incredible talent and I'm sure I'll never tire of looking at his work. If you haven't already seen his art, check out his website at: http://www.tomthordarson.com

Aloha hawaiianeye...Thor has been a member here sharing his work with this forum for awhile now. I gotta say I love your enthusiasm, it's so cool when someones work gets to you, the energy is infectious. Here are some of his past threads he has participated in. Lots of goodies to look at. And let me be the first to welcome you to Tiki Central :drink:

http://www.tikicentral.com/search.php?term=&addterms=any&forum=all&search_username=THOR%27s&sortby=p.post_time%20desc&searchboth=both&submit=Search

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-03-10 12:02 ]

Yeah, and his first post was his excitement about BUYING something tiki, not trying to sell something. Welcome to TC, Hawaiianeye!

Pages: 1 2 replies