Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My new (confirmed) witco.... rescued 03/12/05

Pages: 1 7 replies

Well today I went with my mother-n-law to get some paintings from her sisters house. And what do I spy in the kitchen with a giant dead plant on its head. After some carefull begging , I convinced her that we should take it. She agreed saying I could have it. Adding that her sister probaly wont even notice its gone.

Anyone have info about this carving? Is it a Witco or not ? The last carving I got was, as Keigs told me .

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-03-13 19:35 ]

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-03-15 10:01 ]

Wow, what a strange find....but isn't that Tikinapping?

I will have to scour my catalogues though, I can't recall ever seeing that specific design. Maybe it was from that Woodcarver (what was his monniker again?) guy that copied Witco up North...

Thanks BigBro , I didn't know there was someone here copying Witco. Although I am not surprised.
I wouldn't call it Tikinapping as it was neglected and unappreciated. I would say more of a liberation from a house full of jackrussels and deadplants

That is a very early Witco. It's called "God Of Fertility" Great find!!!

P

Don't feel bad, rodeo - bigbro is just trying to distance himself from his bold absolution of my witconapping.

:wink:

Damn that's sweet!

A huge thanks to Keigs and his wife for thier help. Keigs was kind enough to send me a pic from the catalog.

COOL! What a dream come true Rodeo!

Congratulations!

Pages: 1 7 replies