Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Malcolm in the Middle

Pages: 1 7 replies

TT

I hope you guys are watching.... Huge Tiki garage for the parents. Very cool.. Maybe on a rerun for those of you who missed it.

[ Edited by: martiki on 2005-03-14 23:36 ]

Remember everyone, from 6-7 it's Unkle John's tiki time!

I caught that, too. It was the greatest. I have been real busy with work and projects lately, and have not been paying proper respects lately to the Tiki Gods. It was a strong reminder for me to stop and smell the tikis. In fact, it prompted this visit to TC, my first n a few months. How could I be so blind!

B

The "tiki bar" Malcolm In The Middle episode was on again tonight. The bar was as great as I had read about here on TC. I loved the baby pool filled with sand that they dug their feet into. They had one round of drinks in coconut mugs and the second in tiki mugs.

I found it really ironic that their paradise ended over the discussion of religion. The atmosphere of the tiki bar brought out a whole new aspect of the parents' relationship, and they began sharing things that they had never discussed in their entire relationship: oh, the magic of rum (or tiki gods). They finally touched upon religion and whether or not there was an after life. That about ruined paradise.

One, when drunk, could read a lot into that and apply it to many threads here on TC. The question about whether or not tiki is pagan, or is it now just a form of re-living a part of our past, or even playing at the role of anthropologist. The tipsy me just thought it was a funny episode and pretty cool to see their bar.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 14:58 ]

Isn't there an episode of "Malcom" where his parents are desperate to go to a jimmy buffet concert? good to see Hal and Lois come to the good side of tiki.

J

What an awesome Malcolm episode! It was great how Hal enlisted the kids to convert the garage and then strctly forbade them from entering. I now have a new punishment idea for my kids when they get older :wink:

Now to establish a tiki time in my household...

That was the coolest episode- I would kill for that garage. How could they give that up?

Pages: 1 7 replies