Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hunting with Bing and Vic

Pages: 1 11 replies

I went sailing out of Richmond today, and as we passed an uninhabited island, our captain mentioned that Bing Crosby and Trader Vic used to hunt there. I thought it sounded farfetched, but he was right -- here's the proof:

http://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/Arts/shoreline.html#_Toc442156494

[ Edited by: cynfulcynner on 2005-03-13 17:55 ]

Hey Cynful, How did my Richmond Buoys & Lights look? I just serviced them last week, so they should have been all shiny for ya!

On 2005-03-13 18:00, aquaorama wrote:
How did my Richmond Buoys & Lights look?

They looked fabulous! Do you take care of those little red markers next to the old Ford plant too?

Nope, those are "Private Aids". They're not as COOL! Hey kids, ALWAYS remember Buoys are your friends!!

I had a teacher who used to call me a dumb buoy...

Trader Vic, from the liner notes to the "Bing & Kathy's AFRICAN SAFARI with Trader Vic & Helen Bergeron.." record, which was a Christmas give-away by Vic:

"...we had hunted for several years together in Texas and Mexico and here in California and were completly compatible.."

(Mahalo to Jeff Central)

Hmmm...I wonder if Trader Vic had any influence in Bing's "Mele Kalikimaka"?

I saw a hunting movie once. I saw the title and i thought it was a documentary based on my many shopping expeditions. When I saw the movie, I was disappointed. It was titled GOODWILL Hunting! :)

When I moved to California from Germany I saw an ad for a magazine called "Outdoor Life". How quaint! Since I like nature and going hiking I thought I should get a subscription, I would get good tips on Californian nature destinations.

They should've called that magazine "Outdoor DEATH"! (...or maybe "Outdoor Life...but not after we're done with it!")
It was all about friggin' GUNS and KILLING animals!

On 2005-03-14 11:44, bigbrotiki wrote:
When I moved to California from Germany I saw an ad for a magazine called "Outdoor Life". How quaint! Since I like nature and going hiking I thought I should get a subscription, I would get good tips on Californian nature destinations.

I thought you were going to say it was a nudist magazine.

M

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-11-20 14:49 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies