Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

San Francisco Garden Show Mar.16-20, 2005

Pages: 1 0 replies

The San Francisco Garden and Flower Show is coming up later this week at the Cow Palace, March 16-20th. Not tiki in particular, but if you're into plants at all, it's a must see. There's several Hawaiian orchid vendors that attend every year.

There's lots of tropical things to investigate at this show, lots of bamboo, orchids, palms, and plenty of friendly landscape professionals there to answer questions. The marketplace has lots of tempting plants and tools, books, artwork, jewelry, and every size greenhouse you can imagine. They have better than average Cafes and refreshments too, if you need that for a bargaining chip with your Less-than-enthused-at-first-pals/better half. (There's even a wine bar overlooking the arena, la-dee-dah! ... if I'm breathing, I'm scheming!)

I reccommend going after 3:00 on Sat. or Sunday, as then admission is 1/2 price, and the crowds are smaller, plus who wants to get up early? Saturday it's open until 8:00, Sunday open until 6:30.

If you're going hoping to score good flowers & plants, you'll get awesome deals Sunday night.

Pages: 1 0 replies