Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

No Tabu Tiki Night in Chicago?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Dangerously close to the scheduled event...
Is it on or not?

Would be sad to see it go with such little tiki to do here in the Midwest.

I was wondering the same thing. I need to plan a day ahead so we can all be off work in time. We sure enjoy attending.I'm lovin' my tiki that we got from you last month Lakesurfer! He's guarding the bar.

T

No event this month.

AJ (Trader Vics general manager) is still seeking a liquor company sponsorship.

In the mean time, the hotel management are still not willing to spend the cash to make it happen.

I plan to go down there anyways on Wednesday, just for the heck of it. Maybe we can get a big gang of people together and at least have a toast to Mr. Denny, who, as far as I know, has not had any sort of formal memorial gathering in the midwest.

7:00.

what the hell.....i'm in. be there about 8. love those mai tais.....

lake surfer- contact me...there's a tiki themed art show coming up in chicago in june....thought you might be able to bring down some tikis to sell and kinda deco the place out. I don't have the info on hand but i'll pass it on to you when I get home later...

i'll post the info about it on TC when I get more details. I know there will be signed copies ot TIKI ART NOW! by myself and a few others available in limited quantities.

lake surfer- contact me...there's a tiki themed art show coming up in chicago in june....thought you might be able to bring down some tikis to sell and kinda deco the place out. I don't have the info on hand but i'll pass it on to you when I get home later...

i'll post the info about it on TC when I get more details. I know there will be signed copies ot TIKI ART NOW! by myself and a few others available in limited quantities.

Thanks Dave... the tikis are crowding me out of the house as I carve them! I struck out trying to get one in Trader Joe's in Northbrook... and losing Tabu Tiki Night pretty much leaves me with no outlets for selling tikis.

Though, what should I expect being a tiki carver in the Midwest! I do it 'cause I love it.

You can always store some of those tikis at my house Lake Surfer! I have two of your carvings so far and I think they are getting lonely. I will try to make it out to Trader Vic's too on Wednesday but I can't say for sure.

tj

The four of us will be out. We all ended up with early shifts, so why not.

T

After an amazing string of events in 2004, there was a little confusion about the February Tabu Tiki Nights event, and then the unfortunate cancellation of March (which would have been tonight).

No more confusion and chaos.

Here's the scoop, and it's good news -

I just got an email from AJ, the GM of TVs:

"Sorry for letting you hang for a while. I had my first vacation in two
years (wow!) and got sick a few days (my body wasn't used to rest..).

OK - here are the news:

Bacardi will be our new sponsor for the Tabu Tiki Night!!!

The decisions have been made; now we are only working on the small
details.

Due to the small details, which still need to be worked out, there won't
be an event in March - nevertheless - we will start again in April!"

So we're back in full swing.

AND - even though there's no official event tonight, a bunch of us are heading down to Trader Vic's anyway, where a photographer and reporter for the Reader will be doing interviews for a story on Tiki. Come on down, quaff a mai tai, remember Mr. Denny, and give The Reader Guy your two cents.

Pages: 1 7 replies