Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

eBay woes...

Pages: 1 18 replies

Here's the deal... My wife had listed a shirt on eBay last Friday (using my account) and after doing so she contacted 3 eBay members that bid on a similar item informing them that this new auction is underway. So I get to work today and my eBay account is suspended, the product has been removed from the site and I have been charged for the ad.

Has she done something bad by contacting these people informing them of the auction? It's not like she is trying to sell it directly to them!

Any input would be appreciated, regards, Andrew.

I think eBay prohibits the contacting of buyers directly, but one of them would have to complain about it for eBay to take notice. There are a lot of great people on there, but also a ton of jerks. Sorry to hear about it, in my opinion its kind of wrong to suspend someones account without warning, but I don't make up the rules.

Matt

Let me clarify that last statement...prohibits contacting buyers who are not bidding on your item(s).

Matt

Geez, I've had sellers cash my money order and then never ship, sellers send fake articles, and sellers send items that weren't as described, and all Ebay does is keep their accounts open!

You guys must have just been to normal and honest in your endeavors. Maybe if you were to turn to the dark side, Ebay would annoint you as power sellers!

Hope they straighten it all out for you.

What annoys me is that it's O.K. for them (eBay) to contact me about similar items available for auction when I don't win my first choice, but not O.K. for me to do it.

Also, I can't access info I have in my account about a couple of items I've purchased and haven't arrived.

Now I just have to wait (24-72 hours) until they get their shit together and contact me with a reply.

I have to agree with you on that...it is annoying when they send you some spam of similar items. Thank God for the delete button!!!

Could've been some other seller that complained about your listing, they seem to be the bitchiest bunch on there.

What's your eBay name?

Matty

Generally you can be reinstated.The rules are fairly clear.No contact in an attempt to sell or pursuade buyers to purchase.Obviously one of the people you sent the offer to did not like the shirt.Bummer Good Luck

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-03-14 12:46 ]

Mattfink, my eBay name was... roadkutter, I use it for pretty much everything.

M

Too bad roadkutter...remember to stay away from the eBitches and eBastards when you get reinstated....

Matt

M

That rule is fairly specific, but there are some things on eBay that are open to wide interpretation by all.

Matt

On 2005-03-14 12:42, sonofabeach wrote:
Generally you can be reinstated.The rules are fairly clear.No contact in an attempt to sell or pursuade buyers to purchase.Obviously one of the people you sent the offer to did not like the shirt.Bummer Good Luck

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-03-14 12:46 ]

M

I still find roadkutter under search for seller/buyer. Maybe they just dumped your auction...that happens to a lot of people.

Matt

Yeah, they dumped the auction, charged me for it and won't let me sign in. Maybe a good thing for other TC people here as I was watching quite a few mugs that are probably ending about.........................NOW! hahaha

Oh, and thanks for checking, maybe I won't lose everything.

[ Edited by: roadkutter on 2005-03-14 14:11 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:01 ]

Thanks Tikichic, I'll give that a go.

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:00 ]

On 2005-03-14 13:04, mattfink wrote:
That rule is fairly specific, but there are some things on eBay that are open to wide interpretation by all.

Matt

. There are several rules pertaining to his question.
On 2005-03-14 12:42, sonofabeach wrote:

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-03-17 05:57 ]

M

Yeah, like you said....

Matt

They say someone got into my account and started spamming a whole bunch of members. I don't know what the deal was, I'll just keep my head down and say YES when I asked too!

Oh, that doesn't sound too good!

But anyways, I'm back up and running but I did miss a sweet pale blue chinaman mug that I was watching, the one that's in Tiki Quest.

Has anyone else been given a shipping price before the end of an auction only to find its alot more on the final invoice?

I won a auction expecting to pay 11 bucks shipping and then I got the invoice its 19.50 shipping. I've email the seller and am awaiting a reply.

Pages: 1 18 replies