Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I have received my Holy Grail!!!!

Pages: 1 24 replies

J

With unending praise to Ookoolady I am ecstatic to announce that I have received my holy grail! It arrived today and as you can see he's fitting in well with the other Hawaiian Room mugs!

I'd like to thank all of those who listened to me bitch over the last month about my unobtainable dream mug...(as I raise the mug above my head in victory)...this is for you!!!!

God bless you Lisa - I could die tonight a happy man! :) You've heard of the US hockey team's "miracle on ice"? This is Johntiki's "Miracle Online!" Long live Tiki Central! I love y'all!!!

...(as I raise the mug above my head in victory)..

Don't drop it! Doh!!!!! :D

[ Edited by: freaky*tiki on 2005-03-14 15:10 ]

D

Congratulations JohnTiki,
Seeing your mug reach it's final destination puts a smile on my face and warms my heart. I have got to say Tiki Central has got some of the most generous, friendliest folks I have had the pleasure of meeting and not meeting.
Ookoolady, that has got to be one of the nicest things I have seen a person do, just for the sake of being kind.
What a wonderful thing to have done.
You didn't just give someone a mug that they had been searching along time for.
But you helped restore this persons (ME :D ) faith in human nature with a single act of kindness.
I have seen countless people, virtual strangers, extend such kindnesses to each other here.
Purple Jade, Bongofury, DrZ, Iuka Grogg, Hanford, TheChikiTiki, Alnshely, KukuiNut, Floratina, Tiki_Bong are just a few (there have been many more) from my own personal expieriences have all made a difference here for me.
Not all of these people gave me some"THING" tangible.
But shared a welcoming gesture, a smile and took the time to make me feel like I had made a new friend.
Not to mention ALL the events/parties where people have allowed us into their homes to share in their generosity and hospitality with nothing expected in return other than for us to have a good time.
Thanks so much everyone at Tiki Central.

Forever a Pollyanna :wink: ~ DawnTiki

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-03-14 21:20 ]

Congrats!

Every so often we get to have one of those days where everything is right in our world... glad to see someone as passionate about a mug as you get it, rather than just being bought randomly and checked off someones master list. Mix up your favorite potion, kick back and enjoy your new prize.

-Z

Congrats , and huge props to Ookoolady for her kindness. TC has some of the best people I have never met, yet.

TM

Congrats John! I knew if I held out long enough someone else would hook you up! Ookoolady, a true heroine! Now, if someone could just send me a Luau 400 mug....

K

Johntiki, it seems like you've had some major tiki scores recently! The best I can do this year is a Dynasty Wholesale version of the Orchids R-5 I found for $.59...not even worth mentioning in Tiki Finds.

Congrats!

MT

Congrats, Johntiki!!! :drink:

I guess no one has an extra severed head for their old Unkle John.

i can send you one unk!

oh...

you mean a ceramic one, don't you...

Johntiki, congratulations!
You must be so happy! That is such a cool mug, and he looks right at home :)

K
Kono posted on Tue, Mar 15, 2005 5:14 PM

On 2005-03-15 12:36, Unkle John wrote:

Or a Tiki Bob for poor old Kono...

Yes, that's right. I don't have a Tiki Bob! I've got a small to medium collection of 150-170 mugs and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The glaring omission is Tiki Bob. Especially since tikifish told me that it's based on a Fang tribal mask. I must have one! I've got some trade bait (but not too much). When I get a Tiki Bob then I'm sure I'll have a new glaring omission.

On 2005-03-15 17:14, Kono wrote:

On 2005-03-15 12:36, Unkle John wrote:

Or a Tiki Bob for poor old Kono...

Get in Line! :)

HT

Plays Pomp and Circumstance with a Ukulele

S

Barb retracted. Apologies accepted and returned.

mahalo.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2005-03-17 15:19 ]

P

...that's frosty cold.

I hate the look of Tiki Bob so much that I don't care if it's a must have.

But one day - I really would like to acquire an original Don the Beachcomber Rum Barrell. Without having to steal it, from sayyyyy...swanky...or maybeeeee....kono.

Hey - either of you guys wanna have me over soon to strum a few songs for you?
We'll get really blitzed and I'll just leave quietly after you pass out.

AND congrats johntiki on the completion of your TIki Quest™dukeandamycarter.

On 2005-03-15 12:42, Johnny Dollar wrote:
i can send you one unk!

oh...

you mean a ceramic one, don't you...

I'll take a real one, if you got one to spare :wink:

On 2005-03-16 09:07, Swanky wrote:
Barb retracted. Apologies accepted and returned.

Mean-spirited retort also retracted - sorry for the jab!

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:16 ]

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:17 ]

K
Kono posted on Wed, Mar 16, 2005 5:31 PM

On 2005-03-16 09:29, pablus wrote:
But one day - I really would like to acquire an original Don the Beachcomber Rum Barrell. Without having to steal it, from sayyyyy...swanky...or maybeeeee....kono.

Hell Pabs, you got me all wrong. I don't have no Don the Beachcomber nothing except a bottle of Pernod that I've dedicated to him. I say I'm fairly happy with my mug collection because I am. But I don't have much in the way of rare mugs. Just a nice little selection. Only got one really rare mug and one semi-rare decanter. The rest pops up on ebay daily. It doesn't mean that much to me to have one of everything.

There are many mugs I'd like to have but to be honest, a Tiki Bob, a lidded moai from Aku Aku, and something from Hawaiian Inn in Tampa (since I lived there for so long) are the three I'd really love to get hold of. Of course I'd kill for a full set of the Westwood dishes and kitchenware as are in Duke and Amy's book. Slurp.

S

Here is the lidded Aku Aku mug.

J

Kono if you're real nice someone might just give you one. :wink:

JohnTiki

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:19 ]

P
P

Kono, I bid on the Hawaiian Village stuff all the time as 'pablus' and always get to the finish and just... give up, astonished at the prices that stuff is selling for.

It's truly incredible. So when I become a billionaire I'm going to buy them all and send you pictures of me and mugs in the pool, playing volleyball, having dinner...

btw - which one do you want the most, the surfer girl or one of the leilani styles or tikibob styles?

Maybe we can tag team e-bay. The rat bastards.

J

Pablus - the invite to the Pi-Yi Grotto is always open...

JohnTiki

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2005-05-10 21:20 ]

K
Kono posted on Thu, Mar 17, 2005 3:52 PM

On 2005-03-17 08:22, pablus wrote:
Kono, I bid on the Hawaiian Village stuff all the time as 'pablus' and always get to the finish and just... give up, astonished at the prices that stuff is selling for.

btw - which one do you want the most, the surfer girl or one of the leilani styles or tikibob styles?

Well, I suppose I could kill two birds with one stone if I got the Tiki Bob version. Wouldn't mind having a menu either.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of ebay. Can't seem to win much anymore. Too many people have figured out "the tricks."

Let me know when you become a billionaire.

Pages: 1 24 replies