Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Rincon Room Closing Party-Saturday April 9th 2005-Directions Added-Page 2

Pages: 1 46 replies

We are saying Aloha to our paradise and moving to another island. We would like to invite our fellow Tiki Central enthusiasts to join us in saying good-bye.

The festivities will start around noon for anyone that wants to come early. The pool will be heated. The BBQ will be ready. I will probably pre-mix some large batches of cocktails and have lots more beer that last year. Guest bartenders, cooks, cleaner-uppers will be welcome but is not required. I will be doing my best to make sure you all have a good time. So please join us if you can in Thousand Oaks. I will post directions later. Stay Tuned.........

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2005-04-04 19:27 ]

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2005-04-04 19:28 ]

Can I bring the kids?

Can I NOT bring my kids?
I'll PM to find out what to bring, count on the Mrs. and I!

I can almost smell the fun brewing! I'm hoping to have a handful of LED lighted eye Tiki necklaces on hand! Unfortunatelly, no carving this time, Chikitiki and I didn't get to enjoy the party last time. A little pre Oasis teaser!

Kids can come but be aware that our house/pool is not child safe.

My kids are respectful and well behaved. Not to worry.

We will be taking a family vacation in your area that weekend thats why I asked.

Are Whales aloud to come???? EEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW

RR

On 2005-03-17 09:01, Monkeyman wrote:
My kids are respectful and well behaved. Not to worry.

We will be taking a family vacation in your area that weekend thats why I asked.

What age are your kids & what drugs do you feed them to be well behaved?

M
Moki posted on Thu, Mar 17, 2005 10:45 AM

I can vouch for the Monkeyman's children. They are two of the best behaved & sweet children I have ever. Can't wait to see the whole family again. :wink:

Another postive vote for Monkeyman's kids...sorry we can't come to the part. Schedueling conflicts.
The Rincon Room and the house will be missed.
Ran

On 2005-03-17 09:30, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Are Whales aloud to come????

Whales are allowed? And Monkey children?
But are they allowed to be loud?
Did I say that out loud?

P

That's too bad. What a beautiful house and one of the truly spectacular home tiki bars. You must be upgrading to something especially wonderful!

I am penciling in the 9th and will make every effort to be there. See you then!

Sounds like the end of an era...and not to be missed. I'm in So. Cal. If I can help, let me know!

hey bongo, count me in. i'll be there with some singapore slings with mezcal on the side. i'll be the one with the acapulco shirt and the teal short-shorts. we'll arrive in a fast car with no top. tiki tony will be giving me a ride in case i want to have a couple drinks before i go for a swim.

[ Edited by: 8bitmagic on 2005-03-20 23:39 ]

Krustiki and I would love to come. We will just have returned from Oahu, so if we're not too jetlagged, hungover, and sunburnt, we'll be there!

Yikes! Did I ever fall off the planet! Say it isn't true! ...ugh....well, sorry I've been in my own little world for the past few months.....having a job has had a serious impact on my social life but I can NOT miss this event! I WILL be there to get my ass back in the tiki swing!

Man I am ever so sorry I will never get to see the original Rincon Room. Maybe the next version; Rincon Room 2.0
Fantastic flyer tiki tony!
Best of luck to ya during the move.
Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

Its getting closer, are we still on? With weather like today, the pool won't need much heat!

Aloha,

Yes it's a go. Finally got past all contingencies so we are on a fast track to move. To all that are coming, just bring whatever you want cooked on the grill and maybe a sidedish to share. Mrs. Fury is going to make her Polynesian Meatballs and I still need to decide what cocktails will be on the menu. Not much time to check TC so be patient and I will post directions and more info soon.

Bongofury

H

Q-tiki and I will be attending, we will bring food and alcohol. Thank God you actually live close to us for a change. Too bad you are moving far.

T

Half gainer, no brainer...splash!

RR

My wife and would like to attend. I can help BBQ.

if there is room for one more I too would like to travel out to the last gathering......

I think I will be able to attend.

Sabu

E
eel posted on Mon, Apr 4, 2005 6:26 PM

OH MAN, the day before Rose Bowl is really busy for me, plus the family is getting together for my son's B-day.
I missed the last one and I have to see your house before you move so I'm going to do my best to be there. I think I can, I think I can...
Laney/eel

[ Edited by: eel on 2005-04-04 18:28 ]

H

I'm going to try to make it!

B

Aloha .......

Our Address is.......

1557 Fordham Ave
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
805-496-4085

We have a couple volunteers to man the BBQ so just bring whatever you want them to grill Steak, Chicken, Kahlua Pork, Veggies.......and a sidedish, snack, chips, dessert, booze, or whatever. Bring your swimsuit for the pool or spa.

We will be serving Mai Tai's, Reverb Crash's, Beer, and ? For the non-drinkers and kids there will be water, soda, and maybe a Rangoon Gimlet (sans booze) or Hawaiian Eye (Mrs. Fury's version......not the China Trader's). If anyone would like to guest bartend you may need to bring some ingredients that we may not have.

We will be playing some of the music featured on the upcoming "Ultimate Tiki Tunes" cd, vintage surf movies, Forbidden Island with Martin Denny, Korla Pandit from his 50s tv show, and more on the big screen. And ....... maybe some some other surprises.....................

Time frame? Sounds too good to miss!!

B

If you have other obligations Saturday evening you may want to come in the afternoon. If Saturday is not working then how about Friday night? We are adding some pre-Rincon Room Party fun on Friday night at the Hong Kong Inn in Ventura. Check my other post in Events.

Bongofury

H

I'll be attempting to arrive there by Saturday mid afternoon. Joining me will be Don's Ho and Tiki Bo Peep.

Looking Forward!

it's been on my calendar for a while now! looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend...

Looking forward to it. Will be there around 5~ish!

I am limping today after my Haole dancing antics at the Hong Kong Inn last night. We are looking forward to seeing you all here today. Call if you have any questions-805-496-4085........

Been fighting a sore throat all week. Actually, since Easter! Been keeping it at arm's length with "Airborne" and Mai Tai's made with "Emergen'C". Got its claws in me last night. Better not come and spread my germs. Have all the fun you can in my absence! :(

Thank you Ron & Mickee for a great time! Its a bummer the Rincon Room is coming down but I know you'll rebuild it bigger, better and stronger. Thanks also to Tikitony for the print and Nick at Tiki Magazine for the stickers. And thanks to everyone who gave Christian their positive comments on his drawings -- you all really made him feel like a million bucks!

H

Thank you so much Ron and Mickee for such a great party and for your hospitality, Q-tiki and I had the best time. Nice meeting and talking to everyone else. Jungle Trader, I have roses in the new mug already hahahaha.By the way whoever made or bought that fabulous lime pie, could you give us the recipe or where you got it from it was delicious.

Mahalo Nui Ron & Mickee. What a jewel your house is. WOW!
It was good to meet and talk AND it was great to finally meet and talk to BigBro. Thanks to everyone for your interest in the Pika Kewalaka Mug.
Next stop TO5.

O

Wow!! What a great time. Ron & Mickee were wonderful hosts. Thanks for having us for the whole weekend!!

It was sad to say goodbye to the Rincon room. We made up a few boxes and helped pack the booze for the move this morning, but we were lucky enough to see the future Rincon room and we know it will be great!!

It was great to see everybody and we look forward to seeing everybody again at Oasis.

Aloha,
'Ona & Moki
:drink:

Another fine Ron and Mickee party! I had such a good time with you all. We even got to meet Ron's mom. She is a doll. I'm sure the Rincon Room and the rest of your mid-century Mod environment will shine in its new home.

Thanks to all that came, it would not have been a good farewell without you. A special thanks to Ric & Monica for all their help (and Mom too), and to Jungle Trader, Polypop, Tiki Diablo, TiKiToNy, and all that contributed to letting us have a good time. After all the moving stress, party prep, Hong Kong Inn, I wasn't much of a host after midnight .
Most everyone was gone by 1:30am......but I can't seem to get these partyers to leave.......

I think that is Dr. Z second to the right......

On 2005-04-10 23:39, bongofury wrote:
but I can't seem to get these partyers to leave.......

Partyers,
Looking for good home?
Please drive up to %#@* Party Lane, Carmel, CA., to continue the Bongo Of Fury.
There is no last call here for Tikis.
I'll even come pick you up.
(Sorry I missed it BF)

RR

On 2005-04-10 23:39, bongofury wrote:
Thanks to all that came, it would not have been a good farewell without you. A special thanks to Ric & Monica for all their help (and Mom too), and to Jungle Trader, Polypop, Tiki Diablo, TiKiToNy, and all that contributed to letting us have a good time. After all the moving stress, party prep, Hong Kong Inn, I wasn't much of a host after midnight .
Most everyone was gone by 1:30am......but I can't seem to get these partyers to leave.......

I think that is Dr. Z second to the right......

Watch out for those guys behind the bar. They pour a stiff drink.

Thank you Ron & Mickee for a great time and allowing us into your home......I am in awe and can't wait to see what the new and improved Rincon Room looks like......

Thanks Ron and Mickee! My family and I had a great time. Thank you so much for your kind hospitality.

Here are some photos. Some are similar to ones in earlier Rincon Room threads and the ones of the Rincon Room itself just don't do it justice. But here goes:

thank you guys for a wonderful time!
and good luck on the move...

Beautiful house and wonderful crowd. Even got to watch Laurence Welk goes to Hawaii. I'll post some pictures soon.

[ Edited by: Matt Deckard on 2005-04-12 19:26 ]

Pages: 1 46 replies