Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SAM'S SEAFOOD in Huntington Beach - Postponed. Purple Orchid instead.

Pages: 1 7 replies

I know this is short notice, but in the tradition of packing far too many activities into each weekend, Doctor Z, Z-Girl, and myself are planning on having dinner and drinks at Sam's Seafood this Friday. We would enjoy it immensely if other Tiki Centralites could join us.

We've still never been there, but have heard it's the ultimate in original Orange County tiki culture. We're going to be there at 7:00pm to watch the Polynesian dinner show, and need to make reservations probably by Thursday.

If you feel like OD'ing on tiki this weekend with Baxdog's party AND a night at Sam's Seafood, please feel free to reply to this thread, or e-mail either Doctor Z or myself:

Doctor Z - [email protected]
Sabu - [email protected]

===================================
NOTE: We've decided to postpone the trip to Sam's Seafood until a less busy weekend (for all of us), and go to The Purple Orchid in El Segundo instead. This way we'll be less rushed to fight traffic to make the 7:00pm dinner - we can make it 9:00-10:00pm for drinks. Any locals (ob seagull, johnny & lady velour?) who would like to meet us at the Purple Orchid? - we would love to see you.

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2002-10-17 10:11 ]

I do not know if I will make it, Sabu, but here is my B.O.T. info to motivate you to search out the Kala Kai in Lomita:

Driftwood Sign: page 219
Mailbox Tikis: page 226 lower left
Ext. Waterfall Tiki: page 227 middle
(holding tongue)

I had that Chicken Mole from Arturo's the next day and it was great!

Sorry, we won't be able to join you this Friday Sabu. But Atomic and I were actually thinking of going to Sam's for Atomic's birthday in mid-December. So there might be another chance in a couple of months for us to join up there.

And, yes, my Arturo's leftovers were quite tasty the next day as well. Thanks for pointing us there after Oktoberfest.

Sabu,

I wish I could make it this Friday, but I plan to kill my set limit of brain cells at Baxdog's party.

Let's plan another OC Mini Crawl in a month or 2.

You all have fun!

Aloha

A

Yeah, a great many braincells will die, but, only the weak ones. Sabu I'm going to sit this one out too. Sam's is way cool. You guys will dig it. have fun
Al

NOTE: We've decided to postpone the trip to Sam's Seafood until a less busy weekend (for all of us), and go to The Purple Orchid in El Segundo instead. This way we'll be less rushed to fight traffic to make the 7:00pm dinner - we can make it 9:00-10:00pm for drinks. Any locals (ob seagull, johnny & lady velour?) who would like to meet us at the Purple Orchid? - we would love to see you.

Bigbro - Thanks for the clues. I am on the hunt! If I can find the Kala Kai again, I'll post pictures.

Sabu

P

7PM at Sam's wasn;t going to happen, but 9PM at Purple Orchid is much more doable for me. I may be there a little earlier then that, though.

sabu,

bra thanks for the invite, but i'll take a rain check until i am in the area. the mano tiki tia might charge it.

mahalo

Pages: 1 7 replies