Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Jeckyl and Hyde Pub--NYC

Pages: 1 12 replies

R

My frist mug came from the Jeckyl and Hyde Pub in NYC. They have a tiki bar upstairs decorated with shrunken heads. Anyway, I ate there a few nights when I was in New York and it was wonderful, they offered three mixed drinks in mugs you could keep... I took the Headhunter one. I don't remember the other two and wondered if anyone had any idea as to what they were or had one. I remember it was a very hard decision at the time since I was running out of money quickly on my trip. I'd like to complete the set one day, but have never heard anything about any of the Jeckyl and Hyde mugs (they were just mass produced things with the imprint of their name on them).

R

Oh yeah, I did a search here and found them discussed at another location but the pic wouldn't work... plus that was just one but I remember there were three.

My experience at Jekyll and Hyde was horrible, bad, poorly cooked food following hours on line. However, Otto's Shrunken Head has their mugs for $5.00 per!

R

wow.. when I was there in 99 it was a blast. no wait for a table or food, very freindly staff (cute too--one of the waitresses who wore a french maid's outfit sit and chatted at my table forever).

I was in NYC for St. Patricks Day 1999....Uh....Don't remember much except the heaving in an alley, but I do recall being chased by a "Mad Chamber Maid" in the bar area. Quite a bit of fun, especially trying to find the secret lever to get to the bathroom behind the bookcase! I think I got one of thier "Headhunter" mugs for 2 dollars and promptly dropped it full of grog! Damn!

R

It's such a fun place... I loved the bookcase/bathroom door thing. Such a fun place.

R

It's such a fun place... I loved the bookcase/bathroom door thing. Such a fun place.

i have only seen the orchids r-1 style mug. the one on the far right.

were the other mugs marked in any way?

R

wow--I've never seen in in the green before... cool. Mine's brown.

In which Jeckyll & Hyde Club location do they have a tiki bar upstairs?

I've been to both, but (sadly) didn't know about the tiki bar! Poo. Next trip, I guess!

Deery Luau

I think it was the one I went to in The Village. That one is more for the drinking crowd / Less Kid Oriented

Juut of curiosity, I just did a little newting around on the Internet. It seems that the J&H in the Village is the "J&H Pub", while the big one downtown is the "J&H Club".

I agree with you; the tiki bar is probably at the pub location. When I was there last (1999, I think!) I was with someone who wasn't very amused by the whole idea of the place and the actors who bug you while you eat, so I didn't do much exploring. :(

By the way, I have a green headhunter mug from J&H. Got it on eBay some time ago.

[ Edited by: Deery Luau on 2005-03-21 12:24 ]

[ Edited by: Deery Luau on 2005-03-21 12:25 ]

R

Hey... I've only been to the pub in the village. it had the tiki bar (complete with shrunken heads). What is the club like? is it more family orientated? The pub had a few tropical drinks but their speciallty is over 200 international beers. I didn't have a single one, though.

Pages: 1 12 replies