Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chicago area- Sabina @ Hala Kahiki in IL, this Sat. 3-19-05

Pages: 1 6 replies

S

Mike and I will be the Chicago area briefly this weekend. Anyone wanting to meet up, we'll be at Hala Kahiki (http://www.hala-kahiki.com/) on Saturday afternoon roughly during the 5 o'clock hour.

We will stop around 5:30 pm, or so, to say hi and have a quick cocktail on our way to an 80th B-day party for legendary 40's Roller Derby Queen, the fabulous Johnnie Kobesh AKA the original "Blonde Bomber".
See Ya There,
Dave & Coalbe

T

I think I can make it too - I have a rare Saturday night off. See you about 5:00!

S

Excellent!

BambooLodge, sounds like one heck of a Saturday! We'll look forward to seeing you there.

And James, it'll be great to see you on your turf since we missed you in Key West after Hukilau.

I'll be the short blond-ish (emphasis on "ish") long haired gal with orange flowers in my hair oooooing and ahhhing at all the Witco.

'Til then!

Sorry we didn't make it Hala Kahiki! We had a major plumbing disaster in our kitchen, and on top of that, Coalbe has been fighting the flu bug of some weird variation, that has completely wiped her out. Hope you guys are planning on coming back for Exotica. It'definitely going to be a big time here in the Windy City with the"Luau By The Lake"!

S
Sabina posted on Sat, Apr 2, 2005 3:59 AM

We're back home in the DC area finally. I know this is well after the fact, but I wanted to mention how sorry we were we never caught up with anyone that night- we were there, but only for a little over an hour.

This whole trip was a trip of going through areas with TCers, but not having a lot of time to meet up with folks. :(

If we're lucky, maybe this summer we'll be back...

B

Sabina,
Sorry we could not be there to say "hey" as well. Shame that you missed visiting with folks, but we sure do hope that you will make it back our way for Exotica in July!
-Amy

Pages: 1 6 replies