Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Aloha Concert Series At Whittier College

Pages: 1 6 replies

Combine your trip to Oceanic Arts on a Saturday in May with these concerts at The Shannon Center. 2 Shows-3:00 and 8:00.

Keola Beamer-5/14
The Brothers Cazimero-5/28

P

I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians. I hate Californians.

sigh

I wanna live in California.

On 2005-03-18 05:31, pablus wrote:
I wanna live in California.

No you don't. You want to live on Kauai.

Kauailifornia?

On 2005-03-17 08:26, bongofury wrote:
Combine your trip to Oceanic Arts on a Saturday in May with these concerts at The Shannon Center. 2 Shows-3:00 and 8:00.

Keola Beamer-5/14
The Brothers Cazimero-5/28

Thanks for posting Bongofury, I needed the reminder. I went to a hula show there last summer.

Who is Keola Beamer?

I have been to these events many times.

Keola Beamer is from Maui and has a beautiful voice. I have one of the CDs.

Tony C is from Oahu - I went to his mele last July in Whittier. I have 2 of his CDs with one personally autographed by him. He has a haulau on Oahu which is one of my next fetes to accomplish. Attend his haulau for a few sessions.

Also a great singer is Kaeli'i Rachel - great music from Maui. Born in Lahaina Town and raised in Paia by his Auntie and Grandma.

He was up for a Grammy this year - but lost out (along with the Cazmeros Bros.) to a slack key CD. Too bad, maybe next year the Grammy's will appreciate da island music more.

[i]On 2005-03-24 17:34, delphiniumangel wrote:

He was up for a Grammy this year - but lost out (along with the Cazmeros Bros.) to a slack key CD. Too bad, maybe next year the Grammy's will appreciate da island music more.

Hopefully, the Grammy will televise the Hawaiian music portion next year.

Pages: 1 6 replies