Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Now THAT'S a good sign!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Not only did they re-erect the Hurricane toppled Aku Tiki, but they added the headdress that had not been there for decades!

...we had heard that they were going to put it back up, but these promises are often just that. And now to come through AND do so with the added expense of going back to the original sign, that deserves applause!

(hope the image is not too humongeous, if so, can sombody shrink it?)

...damn', why is it not working?

Aaaah, I didn't hotlink it, hope this works

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-03-17 11:00 ]

Thanks!...Oh, that's tiny, you can't read the text...anyway, this is in today's Daytona Beach News Journal. The sign, named "Tiki Tom" by the locals, went up yesterday. They took the inspiration of the headdress from old photos. Very good.

...hmmm, I changed the first URL to a hot link, still no luck. And the thumbnail is supposed to be clickable, but isn't...

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-03-17 11:03 ]

It's great to see they refurbished it and not just pull it down.

Hooray! I normally am not one to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but I feel like drinking a green Mai-Tai right now. This is fantastic. The lady who recently bought the hotel is the daughter of the guy who used to own it. Thankfully, she appears to understand what she has. Man, this makes me so happy. Damn. :)

S

Excellent news. It is always good to see tiki being restored, as opposed to scrapped.

Thank you for sharing.

On 2005-03-17 10:28, bigbrotiki wrote:
...we had heard that they were going to put it back up, but these promises are often just that. And now to come through AND do so with the added expense of going back to the original sign, that deserves applause!

Absolutely! Once closed, vandalised, stolen, or blown down you can usually guess there won't be a replacement. Hopefully this shows the current health of Tiki rather than being a one-off.

Really good news.

Trader Woody

M

Hot damn.

If anyone's planning a meet up at the joint to celebrate, please count me in.
I'd like to check it out.

mahalo-mo

Pages: 1 8 replies