Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What's your favorite St. Patricks Day music?

Pages: 1 5 replies

S

I'm sticking with the standards mostly. The Pogues, Flogging Molly, The Waterboys, and a recent discovery, The Tossers. But I'll be slipping in The Clancy Bros. , Dubliners and Chieftains as well. I'm blasting it all day long. Mainly because I love it, but also to get even with my neighbors whose barking dogs have woke me early seven days in a row.
I think next year I'll eat some breakfast before I start on the drinking...

TikisbySeamus.com

[ Edited by: seamus on 2005-03-17 11:41 ]

The Pogues, of course. But here's what NOT to do: dont watch the documentary of Shane MacGowan (If I Should Fall From Grace wIth God) cause it will make you give up the drink forever! Or at least for a day or 2.

Boozing ain't so glamorous when your brains, your teeth, your friends, your money and your wife all dissapear.

S

Yeah. Sad sad sad documentary. A true genius that wasting away before our eyes,, and ears.

Saw Doctors...how could you have forgotten them?

Great Big Sea, from New Foundland are outstanding. Lots of drinking songs, mixed with jigs laments and reels. They also throw in the odd durge or military song.

Wicked Tinkers are good fun too, especially live. Lots of screams and howls.

Seven Nations (Before the Garage Phase) was top notch. They use lots of amplified fiddle with toned down pipes to achieve complex sounds.

Molly's Revenge also have an increadible feeling of motion. David Brewer, is the piper, and is a fantastic showman hopping around like Ian Anderson while playing.

Irish Rovers to cover the folky stuff and floggin molly for the faster......
Mix in some others when work is done and boozin starts

My Irish Friend Greg McCarthy would get drunk and insert anyones name into Danny Boy. Made for good times at "Rudy's" in NYC's Hells Kitchen.

Pages: 1 5 replies