Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Images that provoke you

Pages: 1 23 replies

To appreciate beauty is to live in bliss!

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-03-17 21:25 ]

Okay....images that provoke an emotion.

never mind

This provokes me into thinking of ... heaven.

I can't help but think, gee...if this is in California, I hope that nice house doesn't slide/crumble/fall/burn/get rioted down the hill from rain/poor adhering to local code/earthquake/firestorm/rioting. All of which I've seen recently.
So that's the emotion I'm currently wading in.
Paranoia.
Do another!

Hau --

Bingo, it's in L.A., known as the "Case Study House 22," architect Pierre Koenig, built in 1960.

Lot of websites on this beauty, but I like this computer model best:

http://www.aida.uni-hannover.de/AIDA-Selection/K%C3%B6nig@ko@_Pierre_-_Case_Study_House_22_(Dahl_und_Lauer)/

[ Edited by: Satan's Sin on 2005-03-18 13:05 ]

T

Taking a chance here, but this is bilge.

A fellow 3D artist and aquaintance of mine is serving with a special forces group in Iraq. He regularly posts photos of his experiences online, minus the, uh, non-family friendly ones. He's very good at showing a bit of their day to day existance in a very a-political way. He said this kid came up to him while he was on guard duty and talked to him for 1/2 an hour. The kid was less interested in the gun than with Brandon's pen, which he have to him.

I'm not making a political statement here. I just found the contrast of the child and this heavily armed soldier to be very moving. Sorry if it offends anyone.

I also like this one just for the absurdity of it:

BTW, here's his page of pics from Iraq.
http://www.particlefx.com/images/OIF/?M=D

There's no gory combat or wounded shots there (well, there's a bloody nose). They are a fascinating bunch of shots of their unit, Iraqi units they work with, and lots of kids they meet every day. Take them for what they are.

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-03-18 23:37 ]

TB

T

Why can't I hot-link to a Fotki image? Anyone know?

On 2005-03-18 15:19, Tiki-bot wrote:
Why can't I hot-link to a Fotki image? Anyone know?

I think you have to be a full-blown member (ie: pay $$$) I had the same problem when I tried using them. Read the fine print.

-Z

yeah, I wanted to post something off the web too but nada. I love how "A picture is worth a thousand words". That view, Satan's Sin, as I can only imagine, must be breathtaking.

T

Weird - it's works for a while, then doesn't.

On 2005-03-18 18:59, Tiki-bot wrote:
Weird - it's works for a while, then doesn't.

How many times have you said that in your life...

**** Please Note ****

This was only alleged humor, if that. I like and enjoy Tiki Bot and he may or may not admit it. This is NOT something you must scurry to rat me off about. It only a joke. Now, sit back down and try to think...

TB

An image of pure joy. A boy learning to surf on his 12th birthday.

Maybe I should've started this thread in "Beyond" not "Bilge"

T

On 2005-03-19 07:10, Jungle Trader wrote:
An image of pure joy. A boy learning to surf on his 12th birthday.

Sweet!

On 2005-03-18 14:12, Tiki-bot wrote:

Milo goes to war!

All?

I'm old enough to remember when the Descendents weren't an All side project. :wink:

The ManCat of Satan's Sin ... still alive after 36 hours!

This image just makes me Fuuuuuuurious!

Sabu

This one too:

S

Where I first met my good Bruddah JungleTrader.

S

First night with new puppy Sparky.

Pages: 1 23 replies