Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

"Don The Owner" (New Painting)

Pages: 1 20 replies

"Don The Owner", Acrylic On PVC, 40 x 50 cm

Prints are available, as well as the original (yet)...e-mail me if you're interested [email protected]

Unfortunately the colours of the scan don't live up to the original colours, but still better than a digi-photo :wink: ...

http://www.hasenkamm.de

[ Edited by: Thorsten Hasenkamm on 2005-03-21 07:23 ]

nice!

thorsten have you seen 'the incredibles' or is the similarity to mr. incredible coincidental?

bis spater,

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2005-03-21 08:34 ]

H
hewey posted on Tue, Mar 22, 2005 3:34 AM

Like the stylistic look of it. Also love the atmosphere of the artwork

[ Edited by: hewey on 2005-03-22 03:35 ]

B

Thorsten, another fabulous one. I once knew a man who owned a tropical bar and many rental houses, and whie he didn't look anything like your "Don", he had the exact demeanor, attitude or aura about him. HOW Did you do it? It fits to a "T".

Thanks a lot!

Well, of course I've seen THE INCREDIBLES, the best animated feature there is... :wink: ...but I always liked to draw/paint those big-jawed characters...

I'm currently working on another Tiki-piece...I'll post it when it's finished...

Shweeet! I like your style.

Great job!
Love far out floor tiles and the cool ride w/ the surfboard. Nice touches!
Peace
FlickOn_Tiki

Thanks guys!

K

i can't wait to see your next tiki piece as well as your addition to the Dionysus record label show...

this is a great piece...what warm colors you have used to build your glazes up through...BOOM!

B

I like the feeling of textures in the background. It gives it more depth and character (as if the character didn't have enough character). You did a great job with the expression on his face, too. Well done.

Thanks guys! Here's a sneak peak of one of my next Tiki-paintings...it's a pencil sketch of a piece called "Special Guest At The Tiki Bar":

T

That is great.... Love the sketch

Thanks! Maybe I'll change her into Catwoman instead of a Devil Girl, not sure yet...

T

No devil girl....

I think you're right... :wink:

B

BOY, she even has the tikis going crazy and without color yet! This is gonna be a Cool one.

Had to put this to the side to finish some other work, but I'll paint it asap...

T

Change her? No, Devil girl!

Still didn't decide or start to paint as I had to put this to the side to work on some other stuff...

I vote devil girl, because her demeaner is so un-devilish.

Pages: 1 20 replies