Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Backyard Volcano Ideas?

Pages: 1 4 replies

So I'm planning my 2nd Annual Tiki Bash, and would like to do up a volcano in the backyard. I was originaly thinking just a 2D cutout of a volcano with a a fan blowing tinsel at the top with a red light shining on the tinsel. The I was thinking I could add an fog machine to simulate smoke. I was thinking something between 7 to 10 feet high and situated in the corner of my backyard.

But I'd really like to do something in 3 dimensions instead of 2.

I'm open to any ideas on how to make this a really cool volcano.

TM

If it's just temporary, you could go with the old chicken wire / paper-mache. Paint it up and you're good to go...

T

we do something similar to what matt was talking about for our end of summer luau we do at our church. it's made out chicken wire and paper mache. we use some plastic to make little channels for "lava" to flow down it, paint the plastic red, hook up a pond pump and tubing to run the water to the top and it runs down the volcano into the pond below. you can add dry ice to it for an effect or we use a smoke machine at the top so it blows smoke every so often. it's easy to make and easy to tear down.

Don't forget to have a doll with a tiki mask getting ready to throw a virgin doll into the volcano's mouth!

Pages: 1 4 replies