Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

what are the most popular drinks

Pages: 1 19 replies

So I am wondering what are the most popular drinks that everybody is familiar with and serves up or drinks? Are these names trademarked and all that stuff? So whatcha got peeps?

Lets see...:

1. the Mai Tai

2. The MAI TAI

-"-
-"-
-"-
6. The Fog Cutter

1. The Navy Grog

....Danny, I think that question is hard to answer, because everybody has their individual fave, which also changes from bar to bar, and AT each bar:

At Madam Wu's it was Tony Ramos' Fog Cutter, at the Tiki Ti it WAS the Navy Grog, then the Great White, then the Hawaiian Twist, then the Missionairy's Downfall, and at the moment I discovered their Chief Lapu Lapu for myself...

And don't worry about copyrights, except for the Mai Tai there never was a legal precedence set, and tons of companies sell tons of various cocktail mixes under their original names without having asked permission of the recipes' authors.

H

:drink:

Hey thanks Sveny!

Mai Tais, Pain Killers and Test Pilots are very popular at our bar.

For parties we like the Barbencourt Punch or Coronado Luau Punch.

We use the grog log recipes.

Here at The Durukuli it is far and away the Go Go Monkey, tho' Humu found it too sweet. When the weather improves, we hope 'TC' which of our house drinks is tops. There seems to be an outside chance that we may even do a house mug!....];-}>. BTW, the 'monkey is a rum-pineapple-banana-ez cacao concoction. Cheers, Timmy

DZ

House specialties of the Castaway Lounge are:

-Trader Vic's Mai Tai
-Beachbum's Own
-Navy Grog
-'Serve-yourself' Chief Lapu Lapu (made 5 gallons at a time)

Oh, and AGWA shots... :wink:

Thanks guys ];-{>

oh yeah, and after we visited the Lagoon Room, we came home and planted mint and a lime tree! (thanks AlnShelly for that inspiration...) nothing better than a home grown mai tai!

K

I mix Mai Tais the most often, followed by Singapore Slings, Painkillers, and Blue Hawaiians. Variations on the classic Rum Punch, Coconaut Re-Entries, and a classic Ti Punch are usual suspects as well.

Had a guy at the last Moai Luau order a ton of Red Tides. They're pretty good so long as you use real Grenadine and not Rose's. We only had Rose's that night because I forgot to bring any of the real stuff, but the dude seemed to love the things in spite of it. He drank eight of 'em in a row. Ech...Roses...

Of course the most requested concoction among non-tiki folk when I'm mixing is a Mojito. Which is okay by me, 'cause I love 'em myself and make a fine one.

Ahu

P

Mojito
Mai Tai
Suffering Bastard
ZOMBIE!
Singapore Sling
Ramos Gin Fizz
and (of course)
Dry Gin (Bombay Sapphire) Martini

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho on 2005-03-29 20:27 ]

I usually serve (besides Reverb Crash and other original creations, of course):

Trader Vic's Grog
Chief Lapu Lapu
Pieces of Eight

Ran

Thanks for the help peeps.

On 2005-03-21 19:11, thechikitiki wrote:
So I am wondering what are the most popular drinks that everybody is familiar with and serves up or drinks? Are these names trademarked and all that stuff? So whatcha got peeps?

This post concerns me.
Holden

...peepz.

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2005-03-29 22:14 ]

I LIKE HORNY MONKEYS!

On 2005-03-29 22:20, MEAN GENE wrote:
I LIKE HORNY MONKEYS!

On 2005-03-29 21:52, smogbreather wrote:

On 2005-03-21 19:11, thechikitiki wrote:

This post concerns me.
Holden

...peepz.

Do tell,

..........Bro

You asked for the most poular? (popular) (edit!)

It's Budweiser fo sure!

This is the Bevo Packaging Plant. It was built in 1917 as the single largest bottling plant in the world. This building stands eight stories tall and houses 27 acres of floor space, as well as over 25 miles of conveyer belts. Inside the plant we have seven bottling lines, six canning lines, and three draught keg lines in our warehouse. On an average day we can package the equivalent of 16 million 12-ounce servings in this building.

I think (but not 100% sure) they have a trademark. You might want to get a lawyer. You never know.

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-04-01 21:28 ]

J

My wife and I have been drinking the hell out of Missionary Downfalls the last few months and I've got to say they are quickly becoming one of my favorite mild drinks. I've been buying fresh pineapple, limes and mint every Friday so that I'm stocked on Saturday night to suck down a pitcher or two!

Pages: 1 19 replies