Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Is Relocating to Hawaii Doable . . .

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies

I knew 2 people who moved back to the mainland from Hawaii. The first, he and his wife were both healthcare professionals who made decent money, said he was tired of being broke - the fridge was always empty except for a bottle of beer and a bottle of catsup. The second said he moved back because the weather was boring; highs in the 70s, light breezes from the east and scattered showers in the afternoon - EVERY DAY! :lol:

N

The second said he moved back because the weather was boring; highs in the 70s, light breezes from the east and scattered showers in the afternoon - EVERY DAY! :lol:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/70376/triumph_weather_dog/

M

On 2009-11-06 15:01, Mongoloid wrote:
I moved over to Oahu when i was 21. I was determined and there was nothing that would stand in my way, if i had to work at McDonalds and live in a shoebox, then so be it, because the trade off would be that im going to be able to surf Waikiki everyday. CDs i sometimes sold to pawn shops for a buck a piece, or go to Kapiolani park and get some free food plates from the Hari Krishnas.
Your story is similar to mine, loid. I came to Hawaii in '75, age 20, from the S/E LA areas with a free flight, awesome job and live aboard on a 160' schooner all lined up. Sailed the islands constantly w/Windjammer Cruises for 5 years before moving to Ka'a'awa. Had my own 40' sailboat on the 800 row in Ala Wai Harbor for 5 years until 2002, and watched the 9-11 horrors at 2:30am aboard, beachfront in Waikiki. Talk about dichotomy.
Gotta say, those Krishna meals at Kap. Park were awesome!

On 2009-11-07 23:11, msteeln wrote:

On 2009-11-06 15:01, Mongoloid wrote:
I moved over to Oahu when i was 21. I was determined and there was nothing that would stand in my way, if i had to work at McDonalds and live in a shoebox, then so be it, because the trade off would be that im going to be able to surf Waikiki everyday. CDs i sometimes sold to pawn shops for a buck a piece, or go to Kapiolani park and get some free food plates from the Hari Krishnas.
Your story is similar to mine, loid. I came to Hawaii in '75, age 20, from the S/E LA areas with a free flight, awesome job and live aboard on a 160' schooner all lined up. Sailed the islands constantly w/Windjammer Cruises for 5 years before moving to Ka'a'awa. Had my own 40' sailboat on the 800 row in Ala Wai Harbor for 5 years until 2002, and watched the 9-11 horrors at 2:30am aboard, beachfront in Waikiki. Talk about dichotomy.
Gotta say, those Krishna meals at Kap. Park were awesome!

Great story!
I worked om American Hawaiian Cruises for 2 years.
The view of Hawaii from the water, the best!

H

The weather is STILL boring.

M

I doubt you're still saying that after the wild light shows all this week! Man, your's and Waianae side got some action! Honolulu was beautiful for the most part, only getting flashes of the lightning creeping over.

Pages: 1 2 3 101 replies