Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Missionary journey....

Pages: 1 9 replies

Like just about every year since I was 19, I gave up drinking for Lent. I know - how very "un-Tiki". :blush:

My parish (yeah, I'm probably the only Priest on TC!) is stumbling-distance from Tiki-Ti, right there in Los Feliz Village.

Unfortunately, the 3-weeks after Easter are some of the notorious "vacation" days for the guys at Tiki-Ti, so my annual "missionary journey" there will have to be postponed until they re-open.

I plan to be there shortly after 7:30 Vespers on Friday, April 22. Anybody care to join me? By last-call, I'll probably need someone to help me find Virgil Ave. and point me toward home!

Fr. Scott (PapeToaTane)

I can't make it--have fun! Ps- I gave up Ebay for Lent . I have never done Lent before.
I used to have a dumb little joke about Lent though. You can insert any item. An example "I gave up drinking for Lent-someone borrowed my booze!" Hey -I said it was a DUMB little joke! :)

Well, this sounds like a must-see to me! I don't know yet what my plans are for that evening, but I'll mark it on my calendar.

isn't a missionary journey bound to end in a missionary's downfall? :) just kiddin'

On 2005-03-22 12:14, Johnny Dollar wrote:
isn't a missionary journey bound to end in a missionary's downfall? :) just kiddin'

:lol: Perhaps, Johnny. It all depends on how hungry the "natives" are....and whether or not they want Missionary Stew for dinner. I should be safe.

Humu...I'd make it to your "Last Saturday" Tiki-Ti run on the 26th, except, well, I sort of have the early, early service on Easter Sunday morning. Can't see enjoying myself under those circs....I'll wait patiently for the re-opening week.

Or, I can always make a run down Rosemead to Bahooka. I'm in Pasadena....not exactly "stumbling distance" - but at least my car knows the way home from there!! :wink:

On 2005-03-22 11:48, mrsmiley wrote:
I can't make it--have fun! Ps- I gave up Ebay for Lent

Great idea!! How'd that work out for ya? I wish my wife would give up Ebay for Lent!! Based on the number of packages she gets in a week, I'm guessing that she didn't! In addition to the booze thing (my body really looks forward to the yearly liver re-hab!) - like you, I also gave up something on the Internet. My late-night visits to PokerStars.com - I get insomnia from time to time - so, this year, I just stayed up and read a book. Or two. Or three.

TT

Although I can't make it to the Tiki Ti, I thought I'd let you know you are not the only "holy-one" here. You are the real deal, I am just a Minister through the powers of the mighty web. I just perform weddings for friends and others who can't afford a traditional wedding or a judge, etc.. I always wondered what a real Pastor or Minister thought of web-site Minister licenses...

The Missionary's Downfall at the Tiki Ti is really good, too! I have mine made by Mike Junior, he puts lot's of fresh mint in it, it's sort of like a Polynesian Mojito. Tasteee!

On 2005-03-22 13:45, PapeToaTane wrote:
I wish my wife would give up Ebay for Lent!!

Seems like you need to give up more than drinking for Lent...
KG

On 2005-03-23 07:15, ted tiki wrote:
Although I can't make it to the Tiki Ti, I thought I'd let you know you are not the only "holy-one" here. You are the real deal, I am just a Minister through the powers of the mighty web. I just perform weddings for friends and others who can't afford a traditional wedding or a judge, etc.. I always wondered what a real Pastor or Minister thought of web-site Minister licenses...

There's also me & Fred (Suicide Sam).

Pages: 1 9 replies