Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Old Disney Tiki Mugs & Trader Vic Ashtrays

Pages: 1 1 replies

T

Hi there, I have been asked a few times and wasn't sure myself, so I wanted to see if anyone here at TC could help. Below is a picture of two ceramic mugs from the 1960's. The taller of the two, on the left, is made by Treasure Craft. The one on the right (not marked) is shorter, has much better details and has green jewels added to the eyes. I have seen these with paper tags by a Japanese manufacturer called
"Quon-Quon". I have been told that the ones with the Jewels in the eyes like the one shown, are the one's that were sold at Disney Land. What do you think? I did see one sell last year on Ebay which was exactly the same as this and still had the Disney price tag on. Anyone know for sure?

One other question I had was has anyone seen another one of these Trader Vic ashtrays (See Below)?? I know there is one with the Trader Vic's logo and one with Hinky Dinks on it, but is there another one of the Hawaiian natives in different poses? Thanks for any info!!

Don't have any info for you, but your mug on the right is a dead ringer for a set of S&P shakers I found a while back. Same maker?

Pages: 1 1 replies