Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XI on March 25th, 2005.

Pages: 1 7 replies

In a month that would be perfect to celebrate the reopening of the Enchanted Tiki Room, we have lost Martin Denny. This legendary master of exotica music will be deeply missed, so tonight's Tiki Taix XI will be dedicated to his memory.

Friday March 25th, 2005 10PM No Cover!!

The one and only Beachbum Berry will present his award winning film "The Secret of Easter Island" with scenes filmed on location on Easter Island! He will also present outtakes and unseen footage as well as answer questions from the audience. Don't miss this rare opportunity!

PLUS

Mr. Ukulele appearing for the first time at Tiki Taix! This astounding talent is a one man ukulele dynamo, he will amaze and entertain with his virtuosic dexterity. Mr. Ukulele plays a varied repertoire including obscure oldies and racie newbies.

ALSO

King Kukulele and The Friki Tikis will appear in some shape and take the audience on an anything goes tour of Tiki music. You'll hear originals, naughty hulas and a version of the Martin Denny hit "Quiet Village".

AND

In memory of legendary Martin Denny we present and encore of a video from Tiki Taix III of April 30th, 2004: Witness November 11th, 2001, Elks Lodge Waikiki . This is never before seen footage of the final public appearance oflegendary vibes master Arthur Lyman as he reunites for the first time in 40 years with Martin Denny to perform their hit "Quiet Village" one last time. Sitting in are members of the band Colon featuring Lopaka Colon, son of Auggie Colon, and ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro.

PLUS

Take a look at the "Tiki Party" in the Queen Vic pub in Camber Sands England. This event was presented at the 9th Annual Rockabilly Rave Weekender in early March. The host was Detroit DJ Del Villareal and included an old tradition with a new twist that has to be seen to be believed.

Tiki Taix starts at 10pm, located at 1911 Sunset Blvd. (at Park)
Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

V

I'll be there...

On 2005-03-22 19:44, KING KUKULELE wrote:
The one and only Beachbum Berry will present his award winning film "The Secret of Easter Island" with scenes filmed on location on Easter Island! He will also present outtakes and unseen footage as well as answer questions from the audience. Don't miss this rare opportunity!

I once dubbed this classic "The only TRUE Tiki movie", since it is the only film I know of where a Tiki is the protagonist.

!SEE! Tiki maintenance scenes ACTUALLY shot on Easter Island!...!MARVEL! at long gone Googie signage!...!HEAR! the horrifying sound of a whole shelf of authentic Mr. Bali Hai mugs being smashed to pieces!...!BEHOLD! the desperate actions of a love-crazed Tiki head!

...ONLY in Jeff Berry's SECRET OF EASTER ISLAND....REVEALED!

*** added bonus!***

FULL MOON MUG GIVEAWAY
Drawing to be held at TIKI TAIX!!tonight!

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2005-03-25 14:20 ]

T

I thought this was for people online here pup!!!!!!

It is! Tiki Taix happens to fall on the full moon this month, so it is the ideal venue for the drawing from all the online entries I received....!

can't wait! my first King Kuke Presents! I'm just down the street at work chomping at the bit! I'm as giddy as a little school girl!

Chalk full-O-fun! A nice night out to be sure. The King rocked the house. I really, really enjoyed The Ukulele Man, where'd you find him? I want to hear more! TraderPup had me a little worried when I saw a Shecky was sitting in the Tribal Council. What a relief it was when I found out that Shecky had won immunity from being voted out of TraderPup's collection. Too much tension! The added bonus was getting to see BeachBum Berry's beautifully shot bittersweet tale of The Secret of Easter Island very informative and highly entertaining. I had no idea Moai have such an affinity for tasty brew. And chase scenes just don't get any better than that! Epic!

[ Edited by: dawntiki on 2005-03-26 13:01 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies