Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Trouble getting up in the morning?

Pages: 1 12 replies

... Then why not get this annoying little bastard called "Clocky"?

Here's one website's description of Clocky:
Meet Clocky. Cute little bugger, eh? This device is simple, an alarm clock that aims to wake you up, allowing you one press of the snooze button. You see, when Clocky's alarm goes off, and you hit snooze, it rolls off of the surface it is sitting on and finds a hiding spot. The direction that is travels is completely random. This means that when the alarm goes off again, you are going to have to get up to find Clocky in order to turn off the alarm.

Oh, yeah... just what I'm looking for. A damn clock that hides, so when I eventually find it, I get to destroy it so it never attempts to slip my grasp again. Good times.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2005-03-24 10:38 ]

AND you get the added bonus of having something on your bedside table that looks like a posessed pieced of compressed sawdust! oh JOY!

RR

I was thinking more of a sea sponge with wheels.

Machtiki,that's EXACTLY what I would do with "clocky".Hysterical.

W

I heard about this device on the radio yesterday, along with mention of it being developed at MIT. It certainly seems to have a hoax quality about it...There's more from the inventor here:

http://www.media.mit.edu/press/clocky/index.html

(Oh or oops: That's the "More Info" page to the link above.)

A set mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock would also prevent snoozing.

[ Edited by: woofmutt on 2005-03-25 to remind everyone there are only 10 months until Christmas]

[ Edited by: woofmutt on 2005-03-25 08:01 ]

B

DOMOKUN!!!!

D

What ever happened to the Bugs Bunny talking alarm clock?

On 2005-03-25 09:49, donhonyc wrote:
What ever happened to the Bugs Bunny talking alarm clock?

It's right here...

Trouble getting up in the morning?

• FLAVOR FLAV!! YEAH BOYEEEE!!!*

I got this clock for my nephew, it sings Public Enemy songs and various "Flav-isms"

I think they call it "Clocky" 'cause you end up clocking it across the room.

"Clocky's alarm goes off, and you hit snooze, it rolls off of the surface it is sitting on"

Hah! Clocky would only do that once in my house coz i have a platform bed.

Pages: 1 12 replies