Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: This is NOT my auction

Pages: 1 8 replies

I wish I didn't always seem to have questions about copy right issues. But where does the law stand on making shirts from old menu's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15687&item=3966957562&rd=1

I saw that lastnight and thought it was odd. Funny, being an artist it never dawned on me being a copywrite issue. (no it's not me)

There may not be anything legally wrong with making these. It just seemed questionable to me. So I asked :D

On 2005-03-24 22:10, DawnTiki wrote:
But where does the law stand on making shirts from old menu's?

The law forbids it! The hard material, mixed with food stains and fingerprints, has been tested and deemed bad for your skin.

The underground practice of Tiki devotees to fabricate clothing out of old menus and wear it like a Hannibal-Lector-like "second skin" marks a worrysome turn towards the obsessive in the Tiki revival.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-03-25 10:22 ]

Who says the Germans don't know comedy?

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-25 09:41 ]

Looks like they are selling a Mai Kai Mystery Girl shirt, too. Seems a bit shady to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

On 2005-03-25 09:39, purple jade wrote:
Who says the Germans don't know comedy?

No lamp shade jokes though, please!

bigbrotiki worte:

The underground practice of Tiki devotees to fabricate clothing out of old menus and wear it like a Hannibal-Lector-like "second skin" marks a worrysome turn towards the obsessive in the Tiki revival.

Sven, you cheeky monkey you!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-03-25 10:49 ]

DZ

On 2005-03-25 10:16, UtopianDreem wrote:
Looks like they are selling a Mai Kai Mystery Girl shirt, too.

EEEeewww... Now THAT is Hannibal Lechter-like...

Pages: 1 8 replies