Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio SoCal Tour Dates just announced!

Pages: 1 21 replies

Friends,

Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio is coming back to the West Coast to perform at Tiki Oasis V in Palm Springs! We have also just finished recording our newest album "Psychic Jungle Malfunction." I honor of Fisherman's finest album release to date, (brand new originals, digitally mastered, profressionally pressed, full color photographs and cartoons) we have set up an entire week of festivities at our favorite spots in the SoCal area prior to Tiki Oasis. Because we are travelling such a great distance (all the way from New York City!) we can only bring with us a limited number of CD's. To avoid missing out on the latest tiki-jive, kindly reserve your copy. Simply reply to this post, or send me a PM, and let us know how many copies you'd like, and which show you will be attending from the list of shows below. See us at the show and pay then!(...just $10 each) Don't miss your chance; we may not be back in Cali 'till Tiki Oasis VI! We look forward to seeing all of you again, and can't wait to be back at The Caliente Tropics!!! Here's the tour dates:

{{{FISHERMAN SoCal Tour 2005!!!}}}

--Saturday, April 30th
at The Purple Orchid
221 Richmond St. El Segundo,CA (10pm/$5)
WEST COAST CD RELEASE PARTY

Our SoCal tour kicks off at the friendliest
tiki bar west of the Mississippi! Dave and
his crew sure know the meaning of the word
"hospitality"; they'll make you a Mai Tai so
strong that you'll surely be stumbling!
Be sure to pick up your copy of Fisherman's
new record, "Psychic Jungle Malfunction,"
available for the first time on the West Coast at this show!

--Sunday, May 1st
at The Pike Restaurant
1836 E. 4th St. Long Beach, CA (8pm, $10)

Fisherman Presents...
Savage Lounge- a night of Tiki-Burlesque
starring The Damn Right Darlings from Santa Barbara!

The Damn Right Darlings are Santa Barbara's first Burlesque troupe in modern memory. Featuring Jackie-O-No!, Eve le Jardinier, and
Lulu Lemon, these girls next-door do what you wish the girls next-door did! Old-slyle Burlesque in the tradition of Gypsy Rose-Lee, Blaze Starr, and Tempest Storm! Savage Jungle dances to the wild log-drum, bongos and vibraphone! Go-Go dancing to Beatnik Jazz and Surf Rock and Roll! Originally developed in the Sideshow theater of legendary Coney Island, Savage Lounge will astound, shock, and delight! Don't miss this unbelievable
journey through the history of exotica...

--Tuesday, May 3rd
at The Lava Lounge
1533 N. LaBrea Ave. Hollywood, CA (9pm/$4)

This firey lounge in the heart of Hollywood serves long-lasting libations that will have your blood boiling!
We'll be fogging up the windows in this hot hut all night long!

--Thursday, May 5th
at The Continental Room
115 W. Santa Fe Ave Fullerton,CA (9pm/FREE!)

Take a journey back in time to this plush cocktail lounge in Orange County. We'll be joined by special guests Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin...

TIKI OASIS V -- Caliente Tropics Hotel -- Palm Springs,CA

Friday, Saturday & Sunday May 6th, 7th, & 8th
http://www.tikinews.com/tikioasis/tikioasis.html

Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio will perfom on Friday & Saturday nights at this recently renovated tiki hotel in the desert, along with some of the most talented bands and DJ's this side of Easter Island...

We'll be recovering poolside all day Sunday...

Mahalo,
--tikidrummer

http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

put me down for 2 CD's.

The one I bought last year is excellent.

DZ

Oh yeah - best news I've heard all day!!

Set aside 2 for me as well (and if you've got any of your first disc left, I need another one of those too!)

T

1 CD for me at Oasis. Thanks!

Put me down for one at Tiki Oasis!!
Later,
Spermy

1 CD for me thanks. I'll pick it up at Tiki Oasis.

O

One for us too please. See you at the Oasis!!
:drink:

Hey guys,

What awesome news!! Look forward to havin' another round of tiki cocktails with you--so hmmm--wonder who will get locked out of their room this year?! Save 1 new release and 1 prior release for me(if possible.) SEE YOU AT TO5~~Cousin Dave

T

I would like one please. I'll c-ya @ Oasis.

--so hmmm--wonder who will get locked out of their room this year?!

I think it's our bass player's turn to scramble for shelter! Thankfully the King was there last year to help The Fisherman and I with some room & board. I'm sure he won't be as kind-hearted to our savage bassist!

--tikidrummer

Saturday, April 30 the Mai Tais will be flowing and the volcano bowls will be flaming! Put me down for five, yes, five CD's please.
Mahalo,
Dave

Will definetely look forward to seeing ya on the April 30 at the Purple Orchid!

TBird.

Please put me down for 1 cd for the Oasis...looking forward to seeing you guys live.
Thanks,
Ran

yeah... East Coast represent! Show those Apes what's what! (I'm trying to get things riled up) the Fishermen vs. Ape was the highlight of the Oasis for me last year, except for the robot sex!

On 2005-03-29 12:51, mrs. pineapple wrote:
yeah... East Coast represent! Show those Apes what's what! (I'm trying to get things riled up) the Fishermen vs. Ape was the highlight of the Oasis for me last year, except for the robot sex!

robot sex? did i miss that?!? well thankyou, madame pineapple, for representing... the uhh... east coast. we on the right coast may represent but a small, small fraction of the global tiki culture, but we're still going to kick some arse... be 'ware!!

H

Anyone who's had the pleasure of seeing Fisherman before doesn't need to be told to catch them at every opportunity, but to those of you who haven't seen them before... get yer keisters to these shows. Don't wait for Oasis, be sure to catch them at one of these more intimate venues as well. The Purple Orchid show last year in particular was indescribably good. Go. A few times.

On 2005-03-29 18:53, tikidrummer wrote:

On 2005-03-29 12:51, mrs. pineapple wrote:

robot sex? did i miss that?!? well thankyou, madame pineapple, for representing... the uhh... east coast. we on the right coast may represent but a small, small fraction of the global tiki culture, but we're still going to kick some arse... be 'ware!!

I'm originally from Philadelphia, (yooo! west philly in the house!) I only moved to San Francisco to escape the long cold winter! in exchange for the long cold summer :)

T

On 2005-03-26 15:09, tikidrummer wrote:
Friends,

--Tuesday, May 3rd
at The Lava Lounge
1533 N. LaBrea Ave. Hollywood, CA (9pm/$4)

Girl Friday and myself will probably be at this performance. We will be staying just around the corner from Lava.

Should be a blast!

TB

I'm very excited for the Fisherman Trio's new CD and tour of SoCal, but we miss you here in NYC. When is your first gig back at Otto's? We should throw a big welcome back bash!

You Left Coasters should not miss your opportunity to see these exotica greats.

I was listenin' to my Fisherman CD that I got last year (about this time) and paid closer attention to tenor saxman Tony Barba's work. Man, that cat blows a mean horn. Any chance he'll be makin' it out to SoCal this time around?

On 2005-04-15 13:57, Urban Tiki wrote:
I'm very excited for the Fisherman Trio's new CD and tour of SoCal, but we miss you here in NYC. When is your first gig back at Otto's? We should throw a big welcome back bash!

You Left Coasters should not miss your opportunity to see these exotica greats.

Well Sir, I'm glad you asked...

We DO play at Otto's Shrunken Head every Monday...

...and THIS MONDAY will be a very special show indeed.

THIS MONDAY will be Fisherman Vibraphonic Trio's Record Release Party for their newest record "Psychic Jungle Malfunction!"
(of course there will be a second release party at The Purple Orchid on April 30th for the left coasters)

We will be pulling out all the stops... it will be our last show before we leave for California.

We will be featuring on stage the burlesque stylings of Miss Bunny Love!

Come down and pick up your own copy of "Psychic Jungle Malfunction!"

Monday, April 25th 9:30 pm
at Otto's Shrunken Head
538 E. 14th St. bet. A & B, Manhattan
OTTO'S IS ALWAYS FREE****

We hope to see you down there!!

--tikidrummer
Fisherman Vibraphonic Trio
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

TM

Hey, tiki mick here from the Smokin menehunes....I talked to your bass player for a while at the last oasis...I will probably be at the fullerton show, and can't make it to the Oasis this year, so please being extra CD's..I need to buy one at the continental.

Pages: 1 21 replies