Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

viva las vegas mug

Pages: 1 12 replies

does anyone know if any of the mugs are left? or does anyone have a extra one they want to sell ?

T

Ebay!

I heard they sold out in an hour. A girlfriend called to say she stood in line for ever and snagged one for me. Unfortunately I was home with a pregnant wife so we couldn't make it this year.

Looks like I'm going to crank the heat, fill my mug when I get it so I can pretend I'm in Vegas.

If they did sell out it's no wonder, this person has "20 SETS" available for auction on eBay, 1 black and 1 white.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3967880354&rd=1

I think it's Tom Ingram's auction. He's the guy who puts on Viva Las Vegas so they must be the leftovers.

It is Tom's sale I emailed him when I got home about the mugs and he sent me that link....

M

They sold for $50 for the set. Not bad for not making the event. I got my set. Anyone else get a set. I see PolyPop didn't quite bid enough.

On 2005-04-07 21:22, MauiTiki wrote:
I see PolyPop didn't quite bid enough.

Nah.... I actually only wanted a black one and since they were selling it as a set I felt like I was being "forced" to buy two when I really only wanted one. So I bid the minimum on the first day and forgot about it. Figured it would be cool if I got it for the minimum bid. But I didn't (and won't ever) pay more for something than I think its worth. $50 can buy me a nice vintage mug or go towards a unique, one-of-a-kind tiki - something that 249 other people don't have (or 499 between both mugs).

RR

I was the last winnig bidder. I'm splitting the mugs with Dr. Shocker.

On 2005-04-08 06:40, PolynesianPop wrote:

On 2005-04-07 21:22, MauiTiki wrote:
I see PolyPop didn't quite bid enough.

Nah.... I actually only wanted a black one and since they were selling it as a set I felt like I was being "forced" to buy two when I really only wanted one.

Maybe you'll get lucky and some pathetic drunk will break one of them and give the other to you out of fear that he may break the other. (But he obviously forgot about the "Curse of the Pop". :)

On 2005-04-08 10:41, Unga Bunga wrote:
Maybe you'll get lucky and some pathetic drunk will break one of them and give the other to you out of fear that he may break the other. (But he obviously forgot about the "Curse of the Pop". :)

Hey that happened to me at the crawl!!! Who was that dude? He was a blithering WHINO!

M

Mine arrived in Maui already. Superfast shipping. The look better in the photos.

I think the glaze is kinda thick, so the detail is lost.

Still they're cool and I don't have anything like them.

Just got mine! That Tom sure send 'em out fast. Due to space limitations, I'm willing to part with one of the set, the white one. (I seem to like black mugs) I'll sell it to the first one who emails me for $35, including postage. That's pretty much my cost, $30, plus postage.

Pages: 1 12 replies