Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

New BevMo location - Southern Ca. South Bay

Pages: 1 6 replies

H

Here's a head up for all of you Southern California South Bay boozers err I mean Tiki Drink Aficionados. Beverages and More is opening a location in Torrance on the SW corner of Hawthorne and Torrance Blvd.

Per their banner, opening date is Friday April 29th.

Just in time for your Haitian Mange les Morts festivities!

DZ

Well this is certainly good news! I drive by that spot every day - how have I missed the banners? Is that the old Crown Books location? I was assistant manager there for a few years back in the 80s. If it is, I'd say it's kinda fitting that I used to earn my paycheck there, now I'll be spending it there...

I hope this one sticks around for a while - Torrance has been unable to hold onto either the Liquor Barn (now a Bally's) or an earlier BevMo (now a boating supply store).

H

Yes the BevMo will be in the old Crown Books spot and you can be sure I'll do my best to help keep them in business!

Really great news.

I'm guessing that the Saturday garage-sale expeditions of Doctor Z and Sabu The Coconut Boy will be making unscheduled pit-stops here from time to time now.

M

Ten new stores planned for 2005.

Global dominance by 2006.

All humans will have ClubBev! barcodes tatooed on their foreheads.

Pray to your new liquor god!

DZ

Johnnie V, TikiBird and I will be heading over ther tonight around 7 to check out the Grand Opening selection if'n any other SoBay TCers wanna meet up!

(Don't forget the $10.00 off coupon from Sunday's Daily Breeze)

H

In addition to the Daily Breeze coupon there is one in todays LA Sunday Times (May 1, section B page 7).

$10.00 off any $30.00 purchase.

It expires tomorrow so hurry up!

Now if they would only carry Lemon Hart.
Martiki?

Quick sidenote: One of the employees there mentioned that on their opening day (two days ago) there were over 200 people lined up waiting to get in. This was a Friday at 9am!!

Pages: 1 6 replies