Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

polynesian floorshow

Pages: 1 8 replies

I feel decades starved for polynesian floorshows at restaurants. Somehow tiki drinks and food just aren't the same with out a serious backbeat. The last one I saw was at a private party here, but that's not enough for me. Driving to San Diego is also a pain, with rush hour the way it is now. Way back when, driving to San Diego for dinner was not that big a deal. Now you have to 'copter down.

So where in the LA area is there a restaurant with a tiki floorshow? With so many groups looking for private gigs, you'd think they'd have one or two nights free for the dining public.

O.

Hi and welcome to Tiki Central, Oracle. I think the best place to try for a polynesian floor show near Los Angeles would be at Sam's Seafood. There's been many a gathering there of Tiki Central folk. Here's the details of the place:
http://64.81.235.211/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=76

TM

First off, welcome! Glad to see you made it out of the Matrix and landed here on TC. Ok, that was really bad. Almost deleted it but, nah. Anyway, ever been to Sam's Seafood in Huntington Beach? Great place, decent grinds, excellent bar, and the show you may be looking for. Check 'em out http://www.samsseafood.com/show.htm

J

Just to keep this topic from being biased to those on the west coast...the Kona Kai Bamboo Grill just outside Philadelphia has a Polynesian floor show once a month...in fact, there was a recent TC outing there in February. Hey, it may not be the Mai Kai but it was a pretty fun evening! Also as many of the attendees noted, the live band providing the music were exceptional!

There also is the Hong Kong Inn in Ventura.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11530&forum=1

The Oracle......Larry Ellison posting here? Naw, Larry wouldn't have time to relax here. Although he did say that he admired risk takers and people who do things before they become fashionable or popular. That's what Tiki is all about....right now. blah, blah, blah.

Well, Jimmy Buffett once posted as Wick Diesel.
Why not?

Welcome Oracle.

On 2005-03-29 20:47, johntiki wrote:
Just to keep this topic from being biased to those on the west coast...the Kona Kai Bamboo Grill just outside Philadelphia has a Polynesian floor show once a month...in fact, there was a recent TC outing there in February. Hey, it may not be the Mai Kai but it was a pretty fun evening! Also as many of the attendees noted, the live band providing the music were exceptional!

John - I think you have California envy.

On 2005-03-29 21:02, Jungle Trader wrote:
The Oracle......Larry Ellison posting here? Why not?
Welcome Oracle.

Thanks. Why not? Because I am not Oracle Corp., eating my children and using OPM, but THE Oracle, an oracle, that's what I do. Yes, I am usually ahead of my time, and I say it's time for some really serious, stylish, tasty, yummy, comfy and truly sensuous tiki, wouldn't you?

Larry doesn't share, like Diz, so you really wouldn't want him and his ilk in on this would you? You remember how badly Capt. Cook and all those boys muck up the South Seas? They're still looking for the Queen's furniture to this very day.

O.

p.s. I don't think of this restaurant as tiki, but Tahitian, as in Gauguin, as in Damon's in Glendale, CA, for steaks. Not as good as in the golden years--but still better than most of the rest.

J

Tiki Matt - you're god damn right! :)

Pages: 1 8 replies