Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

HAOLE KATS!!! with Pablus & Rusty Key (video content)

Pages: 1 8 replies

HK

Pablus, Russ, and their ukes stopped by Kanekila's Lapdawg Lounge yesterday for some jammin' and eatin'. We spent several hours going over tunes together. It was a blast!

I had my digital camera with me, so I managed to get a few video clips of us playing together. Unfortunately, you can't see Kanekila or Russ in this particular clip, but you can certainly hear them. It was only the 2nd attempt at playing this together, so forgive the verbal cues.

The song is "South Sea Lullabies". WARNING -- the file is almost 25MB, so please be patient. Also, you'll need quicktime to view the video.

We're headed to Pablus' Lagoon Lounge tomorrow for some more music & fun. I can't wait!

Josh

Just click the link and the dowload should start:

http://66.116.174.65/downloads/HAOLE_KATS____with_Pablus___Rusty_Key_-_South_Sea_Lullabies.MOV

[ Edited by: Haole Kat on 2005-03-30 09:57 ]

That sounds so nice! But then, who wouldn't sound nice writing and practicing in such a lovely environment. BTW, what is all that green stuff on the trees? Is that a pool in the background? I hate Milwaukee. Just so you know, when the kids are old enough to live on there own, my wahine and I are comming to live in your house.

That sounds so nice! But then, who wouldn't sound nice writing and practicing in such a lovely environment. BTW, what is all that green stuff on the trees? Is that a pool in the background? I hate Milwaukee. Just so you know, when the kids are old enough to live on there own, my wahine and I are comming to live in your house.

Aloooooooooooha, finkdaddy!

Come on down - the water's, ah... umm.. cold, actually. Yep, them's actual, Gen-U-wine LEAVES on those bushes. And yes, that's our pool back there. Too cold to swim in yet, though (not heated). The water's about 69 degrees, and while that sounds warm, it's not.

It's a great time of year here. Warm and dry. In a few weeks though, it will get very humid, then very hot, then just plain hot/humid -- until November! It's our "winter," only in reverse. But, I still will take it over my 40 years of winters in Madison.

Just to keep part of that memory alive though, I did grill (and then beer simmer for about 4 hours) a bunch of nice brats (they import Johnsonvilles here, but even the locally made ones aren't too darn bad). Lot of tranplant sausage makers from up nort' I guess.

No, definitely not "tiki," but mmmmmm, mmmmmmm good!

Kanekila

P

Yes, those brats were the finest I've ever had. Leave it to a Wiscy-boy to know how to do them so that they vaporize in your mouth.

Fantastic.

Not quite as good as the music, however.
Loads of fun yesterday and continuing to move quickly toward a forthcoming CD of 6-7 originals and 7-10 Old Skool Hapa Haole and Hawai'ian songs.

There were 10 ukuleles at the Lapdog Lounge yesterday. You can always tell you're in for a good time when that many ukes are in one locale.

M

Thanks much for the clip.

My wife is a Wisconsin transplant down here (we're in Pinellas County). Her mouth is watering with all this talk of Johnsonville's.

Keep up the good tunes.

Wow! That was great!

Just had our first Sunny and warm day (by March in New Hampshire standards)today.

I sat in my new backyard and thought about Dino and I jammin' like that!

That clip was hugely inspirational, Thanks!

S

We moved all the plants out to the porch to transform it into a tiki lanai yesterday. Now we need Pablus and his uke here to christen it! But, weatherman says we hit 39 this weekend, so everybody back inside...

T

Yeah, I'm a bit slow to come around. But the Haole Kats are fabulous. I heard some of there tunes at Trustar's place today and was extremely impressed at their work.

Boy Oh Boy,

Capt Morgan told me about this and I'm sorry it took me this long to get to check it out.
Pablus, it's great seeing you again with the "Kats".
Man that was special!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing that!!!!

Peace,
Dino

Pages: 1 8 replies